gone - but not forgotten

summum_charlys%20angelz_[tue]20010821.jpg

http://www.ibizaflyers.com/index.php?year=All&club=summum&event=0

That answers my question about lack of club listings on the website then...unless those ladies are the Charlys Angelz DJs and Lipstick Lesbians is the name of the night.

Didn't New Star turn into a titty bar when it closed?

Actually that seems to be the way it's going these days....2 decent clubs in my local city closed and are now lap dancing clubs. My old haunt Cloud 9 in Vauxhall was bought out by Spearmint Rhino . More money in hosting naked women than hosting club nights I suppose.

Last edited:
guys: steve (who later opened bling bling in sa penya, where sushiya aoyama is now) and robert (who later opened ancient people in avda. espanya, nowadays run by different people)
Didn't Roberts partner die in a Car crash couple years ago. Or business partner?

I remember that charlys angels was the DJ Vicky Devines night back in the day, I doubt i ever went its just stuck with me...

The link below is quite amusing....not sure who remembers the Ibiza Uncovered documentaries in the 90s but a couple of the girls who they followed around in the early ones got jobs at The New Star Bar. It's a pretty good description of nutjob central.

http://lifeabirdseyeview.com/2016/04/the-new-star.html/

Goosebumps reading that. Will never stop loving Ibiza as it's more than just the partying but can't help but feel the magic is being increasingly sucked out of the place with the never ending restrictions and changes over the years.

Goosebumps reading that. Will never stop loving Ibiza as it's more than just the partying but can't help but feel the magic is being increasingly sucked out of the place with the never ending restrictions and changes over the years.

I read it a while back. T'was my first year on the island. Ibiza uncovered gets panned by most (and perhaps rightly so in the main) but for the simple nostalgia trip I love watching it. Id give almost everything i have to relive that 97 trip. Id have to agree about the changes, they dont make em like they used to!

Back