Going to Ibiza for my first time in August.

arachn1d

Hey all,

I'm going to be heading to Ibiza for my first time with a friend. I'm coming from Los Angeles, and we'll be in Ibiza August 1st to the 12th.

I have a couple questions:

1) What tips would you share that you learned over the years? (things to avoid, people to avoid, etc)

2) What's the ratio of women to men?

3) Would you say most people are clean? (not a lot of STD's?)

4) Are Americans looked down upon or are we okay? Ha.

5) How important is it to know Spanish? (I'm learning Spanish right now through Rosetta Stone, Spain dialect)

6) Is Garbi a good hotel to stay at? Fun? Young? Etc? Would you recommend a different one?

7) Passports. Where do you keep yours? Always on you or in a safe at the hotel?

Thanks.

too much info.just relax and chill out.Garbi is a very good hotel.all places speak english.but spainish will make your hold better,even if its only to order a drink and say hello goodbye ect.pdb bar/shop people are very helpfull.passports now are given back to you.well uks are anyway.just a quick scan and copy not like it used to be.so safe would be best.

STD's=means what?.so long as you keep yourself clean thats all thats matters,ie wash you hands and dont touch food with out useing tools.

i would say 2/1 on ladys that are free.leave that up to you.

you will love it.

too much info.just relax and chill out.Garbi is a very good hotel.all places speak english.but spainish will make your hold better,even if its only to order a drink and say hello goodbye ect.pdb bar/shop people are very helpfull.passports now are given back to you.well uks are anyway.just a quick scan and copy not like it used to be.so safe would be best.

STD's=means what?.so long as you keep yourself clean thats all thats matters,ie wash you hands and dont touch food with out useing tools.

i would say 2/1 on ladys that are free.leave that up to you.

you will love it.
Thanks, appreciate the info.

STD's mean Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections.

I was just going to post,then I saw woody's reply,no matter my first thoughts:

1. Never ask a bus driver 'please wait a minute',don't bother bartering with taxi drivers,never go in a bar/restaurant that someone outside is trying to get you into,(leave me alone I just want to look at the menu !!!!)

2. Feels ok to me.

3.I know people shower a lot,because there is never hot water when I want.
STDs don't know.

4.Most people are happy to meet anyone from anywhere,but don't want to hear flagwaving bull.

5.Good to be able to talk spanish,but locals mostly talk a dialect of catalan (feel free to slap me down) however, a lot of different nationalities working in the summer.

6.So they say, I won't suggest another,doubt you would like my recommends.

7. Not telling you !

Last edited by a moderator:
STD's mean Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections

i see forgive me it was late when i posted.every place has it.when you;ve got so many young people from all over the world going to ibiza.so just use your rubbers.play safe.

STD's mean Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections

i see forgive me it was late when i posted.every place has it.when you;ve got so many young people from all over the world going to ibiza.so just use your rubbers.play safe.
Yeah blame the young people because the middle aged never get STDs :lol:

1) What tips would you share that you learned over the years? (things to avoid, people to avoid, etc)

2) What's the ratio of women to men?

3) Would you say most people are clean? (not a lot of STD's?)

4) Are Americans looked down upon or are we okay? Ha.

5) How important is it to know Spanish? (I'm learning Spanish right now through Rosetta Stone, Spain dialect)

6) Is Garbi a good hotel to stay at? Fun? Young? Etc? Would you recommend a different one?

7) Passports. Where do you keep yours? Always on you or in a safe at the hotel?

1. I would avoid the "West End" in San Antonio

2. I think about 50-50

3. Most people dont have an STD

4. I think generally Americans are well liked

5. Not important in Ibiza

6. Very good place to stay, excellent location, I would say that the average age there is around 25-35, another good one is: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/reviews/hotels/hotelplaya_i.htm

7. You have to carry your passport or ID card with you at all times, if you get stopped by the police and you dont have ID with you, you could run into problems :!:

Back