Going to Es Cana?

Tres Esquinas

Es Cana

Many of you will be familiar with Es Cana, and other beautifull parts of the Island, however some possibly may not, I would like to take this opportunity, to firstly apologise for my poor spelling and grammar and secondly to give a little bit of a write up on Es Cana, and more importantly a little bar by the name of the Three Esquinas.

Es Cana, what can you say! As far as "Family Destinations" go in Ibiza, it has to be pretty much ideal.
I have been there as a toddler, a child, a early teen - and 18 year old and a father.

Each and every time, my specific needs have been catered for.

The resort its self, its almost in a horseshoe shaped lay out, with various hotels and appartments scattered in between the many Shops, Bars and Resturants.

At, what is pretty much the center of the resort - Oppisite the Bus station, you will find a Spar shop - This is the main supermarket on the resort, There are however smaller shops that sell your nescessities.

Gift Shops - As always, you need to find a gift for those back at home, Right? - Well, Your older brothers sorted, - He can have one of those rude keyrings. - But what about Gran? - I mean, she did give you some euros to spend here!
Thankfully, Its not all tack in Ibiza! - There are several shops situated on the banks heading towards the hotel Coral Playa and Cala Nova) - Which brings me on to the beach(es) of Es Cana.

Usually, I stay in the Hotel Caribe, again in what I would personally refer to as the center. The beach is a mere 50 meters walk from this hotel where water sports are also on offer.

Personally, though. Im not of a beach person. - I mean I like to walk along it, avoiding broken shell ends and fag buts, whilst admiring the "bluey/green sea" that is akin to something Caribiean, but the best stretch of beach for me, is that which surrounds the Cala Nova hotel. - The sea is as tranquil as you could ever wish to expect and you will always find room on this beach, due to there only being really two hotels in the immidiate vacinity, where as the longer stretch of beach at the top, is surrounded by several, and can get very busy. - So yeah, If you head down towards the Coral Playa/Cala Nova - Get yourself on that beach!.

As an aside, as you walk down the bank towards these hotels, on the left hand side, you see Popeyes bar, if your there during the Football Season, thats the place to watch it! This bar also has your usual family themed nights of an evening, Kareoke, Drag Queen and Quizes.

You will also find this sort of bar oppisite the harbour, - The Bar is called Charlies, and seems, of an evening to be populated by the pre-to mid teenager age. - Atleast thats where I spend both my 15th and 18th Birthdays. - Its not a rowdy bar, just one that manages to cater well for a widespread age group....

On the subject of bars, Many of you may be aware of this little treasure as I call it, but there is a fantastic bar, called "Three Esquinas" (My Spanish is non-existant, but im lead to believe its "corners" in English".

Find your way to the Funfayre just up from the main bus station - You will see a tall hotel (Hotel Areso) on the right - Head uptowards this hotel, and take the street up the side, taking you passed the Hotel Atlanic.

You find yourself, at a small t-junction (only within a minute) and there you will see this bar.

Its family ran, horrifically cheap and fantastic, - FANTASTIC service. - Its nothing fancy, just a brilliantly ran bar, thats steady during the day, - serving breakfast, Dinner and Tea... But really comes alive at night, with the locals populating the bars, spilling out onto the street - Giving you a real feel, of what local night life is about - In no- way do you ever feel its a "Them and Us" situation, everyone is joining in together, in a really chilled out, relaxed atmosphere.
(You might want to watch out for the lizards mind ;) )
Drinks are cheap, both 2e for a pint of a short. Cokes, are 1.50 and you have to try their Cheese and Onion Crisps.

As I say, Its family ran, - Its quite nice for my family who remember the "little girl" there running around the bar, whom now has her own child - ITs been in the family for generations. - and a bar one cannot reccomend enough.

Hotels, I personally stay in the Caribe, It suits my needs being central of the resort, offers all inclusive and a huge pool, the food is average mind, but you do come to half expect that.

Something a bit quieter, id suggest the Coral Playa - A bit further out, yet still only a few minutes away from the center, such is the lay out of Es Cana... There is also a fantastic Fish and Chip resturant around the corner ran by two Londoners whom really appar to love what they are doing (all adds to it I guess).

Finally, it would be almost criminal of me not to mention the "Hippy Market"

and its just that, a mothers paradise, and a fathers nightmare (aside from the whiff of wacky backy that frequents your nostrils here and there!.

The Hippy Market, is popuated, by obviously the hippys that landed on Ibiza back in the 60s, and make thier living fashioning things out of wood, leather and general items such as Handbags, Purses and trinkets.

You have to go, if only to say you have been, - Careful though however -We made the mistake of taking a pushchair last year. It gets very very busy, and can be quite stressfull :)

I hope I havent trod on anyones toes here, feel free to take from it what you will.

Thanks if you have taken the time out to read - IF its worth being pinned mods, maybe a Es Cana virgin may find it of use.

Like I say, I hope I havent interfered, and apologies for spelling/grammar

Fantastic review of my home town (village?).... :D

Only two little things to add, Popeyes hasn't yet got a Drag Act this year (Charlies has Diamond Class on a Sunday night), and they've not started any quizzes at Popeyes, although there is Bingo and Open the Box.... (my husband Martin is the DJ there! ;))

The Fish & Chip cafe/restaurant is brilliant and run by Billy (days) and Kerry (nights).... Pop in and say hi and you're pretty much guaranteed a warm welcome and some proper English Fish & Chips.... :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my little ditty! - I hope it reflects the beautiful Es Cana as closely as possible!

pop into the 3 Esquinas, and have a beer on my behalf! - You're very lucky to be living where you do! - My dream is to own one of the appartments round the corner towards the sea from the Coral Playa - Probably been built close to 10 years or so now.

It certainly does... not been to 3 Esquinas yet, but have heard good things about it so will have to visit....

At the moment we live between the Caribe, the Panorama and Anfora so at the moment, at nights it's darn noisy on all sides!! Got to keep the windows shut otherwise you can't hear the telly (or yourself think) for quizzes & singers! :rolleyes: Still it's all worth it to live here!! ;) :)

Great to see this up on here - a nice overview of somewhere I know little about and a nice little bar to check out too - may pay that a little visit next time I'm on the island ;) - sounds 8).

No we're in the big apartment block opposite the Nags Head, wish we did have a little house, that'd be lovely...

Forgot to say, the Fish & Chip place is called Mr Fish and it's now got quite a few large yellow signs so it can be seen from Popeyes and Jacaranda!!!

Great to see this up on here - a nice overview of somewhere I know little about and a nice little bar to check out too - may pay that a little visit next time I'm on the island ;) - sounds 8).

Make sure you do, dont know if anyone knows any of their names who run it, but like I say, Its been family ran for 20 years minimum.

Forgot to mention there its primarily an out-door terrace bar, with a small indoor area (probably used more so during the winter) aswell as a pool table :)

GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx

There are some pictures of the aforementioned, bar.

Apologies for the small images, but ive tried to add a bit more to the review.

Sincereley hope just one person finds the time and falls in love with this bar, I may sound daft - But this bar is my home from home lol

I seem to have had entirely different experiences in Es Cana to Si of Shrews,the one common thing is a liking for Tres Esquinas.
If anyone who reads this goes looking for that Spar...it is in fact an 'Aprop' they pack a lot into a small space!

The Aprop shop is a (very) small satellite branch of Eroski, they do stock a lot in a small space!!

I've not yet been to Tres Esquinas but as a place to live, Es Cana has (just about) everything you need in one place from newspapers/magazines, tabacos, supermarket, shops, bars with and without entertainment, food takeaways and eat in places.... and gift shops and (of course) the beach!!! And this is from someone who moved over here from Benidorm!! It's quiet but in an extremely good way!!

Make sure you do, dont know if anyone knows any of their names who run it, but like I say, Its been family ran for 20 years minimum.

Forgot to mention there its primarily an out-door terrace bar, with a small indoor area (probably used more so during the winter) aswell as a pool table :)

First of all what a nice & refreshing review about a small town & bar that I've had the joy of visiting for over 30 years. Unfortunately the town has changed over the years & for myself I feel it's probably lost some of it's charm though no-doubt others will disagree.

The big guy is called Juan whilst the other geezer who works alongside him is his brother-in-law whose married to the little girl you mentioned although now she's grown up & not a bad looker come to that? Juan's father used to run the joint whilst his mother helped run a small Spa type shop adjoining the bar, however the family closed the shop in order for extending the area into a Snack bar which now has a Pool table & some gaming machines. Jaun along with his brother in law both suffered some very serious eye injurys after playing with a firework when younger. Hence today why Juan has lost one eye along with his best mate who is only partially sighted in one eye. Back in the 80's Tres Esquinas was helped run by Juan's Cousin called Toni but alas he's now living on Marjorca.

Given all the years I've been going to this bar when in es cana I can honestly say that the family are all genuine & very friendly & infact I'd go as far to say I consider them as friends.

Cheers

NB: @ Si: Do you recall Juan owning a harley dividson some years back? I'm only asking as he once borrowed me his bike so I could do a day tour around the Island and he didn't charge me8):D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave thank you for confirming his name. Juan is always on his Harley.
great to put a name to his face.
not sure of the others makes but the girl always used to give our little one ice cream for free.
my uncle and aunt also go to es cana and apparently watched Spain win the world cup, the place was mental from what he tells me!

Back