GOING OUT IN GLASGOW ????

kn1980

Can you guys please give me some advice on going out in Glasgow on a Friday night. I'm looking for some suggestions on top notch places to dine, super cool bars and quality nightclubs. Any help would be much appreciated.

when i went 2 the centre a few weeks ago ther wasnt many clubs but ther waz a gr8 bar called frankensteins the music was pure cheese though :rolleyes:

well it depends what kind of music you want and how much you want to pay, if there is a night on in the arches you should go to that but other wise i would go to a club called cube in queen street it plays kind of funky house it is good and not too young and hardly any neds and also there is the sub club it is good but havent been on a friday night in ages.

hope that helps but it seems most of glasgow is going like all the clubs are pubs that are open late

joeeeeee said:
when i went 2 the centre a few weeks ago ther wasnt many clubs but ther waz a gr8 bar called frankensteins the music was pure cheese though :rolleyes:

not many clubs!!!

granted the majority are RnB inclined but there is

The Arches - hosts Slam, Inside Out & Colours nights (www.thearches.co.uk)
The Tunnel - 1 room RnB 1 room house (www.tunnelglasgow.com)
Cube - 1 room RnB 1 room house (www.cubeglasgow.com)
Destiny - trance
Archaos - trance + the odd techno night
Sub Club - House, deep and techy
Trash - 1 room RnB 1 room hed kandi style house
Garage - student cheese
Shack - student cheese
BeLo - RnB mostly, the odd house night
Bamboo - 1 room RnB 1 room house (www.bamboo51.co.uk)

Yeh thanks for the info guys, haven't seen much about restaurants or cool bars for pre clubbing though, I've heard a bit about a couple of places called the social and the karynthian can anyone shed any light on these places or any others????

There is a club called MAS on Royal Exchange Square - went there a couple of Saturdays ago when it was a colours night and Harry Choo Choo Romero was playing for his album release party. The music there is mainly house/disco.

ooops forgot MAS

MAS - (fri) house music (sat) last sat is Colours (house + bi monthly Lawler) other sat nites are Soma Sessions (house-tech house-techno)

Corinthian is a big venue with various bars and restraunts. Mainly aimed at an older crowd - not a ravers paradise!

Social - is a G1 Group bar (they own half the bars in glasgow) and is ok but not really my cup of tea

other bars are good

Strata - cool place, near Cube, usually djs at weekend

The Local - good booze and sat nites are Kevin McFarlane (m8 magazine) & Stephen Lee (before they do Trash) - good hed kandi style house music

Ah thats how you spell Corinthian. Heard it is the poshest place in Glasgow for a meal but does anyone know a rough price for a nice meal in there???also what kind of bars do they have in there??? I heard Britney Spears hired out the whole place a few weeks ago for her after party. She obviously got told that it was the best place in town but inturn she has probably ruined it for everyone else now as it will be seen as a cheesey place.

When are you going?

Corinthian is full of posers and the music isn't up to much, unless you like R&B.

If you want a good meal, go for Gamba (one of the best in Scotland) or 78 St Vincent which I adore. Both are about £25+ for a meal (not counting drinks) but are well worth it and have a great atmosphere.

In terms of clubs, you can't really go wrong with The Arches or The Sub Club. If you let me know when you're going, I can keep my eyes peeled.

macdonsj said:
Destiny - trance

have to highlight this as a complete no no - entered the place once through force and left almost straight away - an embarressment to Glasgow clubbing I feel :evil: sticky carpets and horrible clientele.

But if you like the atmosphere young, full of testosterone and a bit of 'face down, ass up' music...carry on :lol: oh and if you're lucky you may just get Gary Lucy making a guest appearance :twisted: :lol:

Love the arches and would like to give the Sub a go. Quite like bamboo on a Friday, the old school house down the back is fab :D

Have recently heard that Metropolitan in the Merchant City has a lovely restaurant and there are some nice pubs around there too.

kn1980 said:
Ah thats how you spell Corinthian. Heard it is the poshest place in Glasgow for a meal but does anyone know a rough price for a nice meal in there???also what kind of bars do they have in there??? I heard Britney Spears hired out the whole place a few weeks ago for her after party. She obviously got told that it was the best place in town but inturn she has probably ruined it for everyone else now as it will be seen as a cheesey place.

www.g1group.co.uk will give u info on the Corinthian. Cosmopol on Hope Street up from central station is a nice place to eat. You can book on www.5pm.co.uk and maybe get a good deal. You can book the Corinthian on that website too. I've never eaten in it but the Arches Cafe Bar (near central station) is supposed to be good.

just to clarify

the list i gave was just a rundown on whats avaliable

i have never and would never set foot in Destiny

being over 19, mentally over 5 and ned-free

glasgow-chick said:
www.g1group.co.uk will give u info on the Corinthian. Cosmopol on Hope Street up from central station is a nice place to eat. You can book on www.5pm.co.uk and maybe get a good deal. You can book the Corinthian on that website too. I've never eaten in it but the Arches Cafe Bar (near central station) is supposed to be good.

The Arches is ok, but it's not really fancy. Plus it's usually pretty dead (I used to work at the Arches).

5pm.co.uk is good for a bargain, though.

macdonsj said:
just to clarify

hope you didn't think I was insinuating you did :oops: just thought I would take the chance to point out a no no - I'm sure you have much better taste than that 8)

Angie24 said:
macdonsj said:
just to clarify

hope you didn't think I was insinuating you did :oops: just thought I would take the chance to point out a no no - I'm sure you have much better taste than that 8)

not at all

just wanted to make sure everyone knew that i despise the place

although - it does keep the neds in once place!

Back