going ibiza on your own

A few years ago i would have never considered going on my own. Now , in my 40s the thought of it is amazing. (Even pre-covid). really would like to go solo really early season and cycle around the islands roads, few canas and nice food post-ride. Weekend of that would suffice. No missus and kid and all the faff associated. Bliss!

A few years ago i would have never considered going on my own. Now , in my 40s the thought of it is amazing. (Even pre-covid). really would like to go solo really early season and cycle around the islands roads, few canas and nice food post-ride. Weekend of that would suffice. No missus and kid and all the faff associated. Bliss!
These are EXACTLY my plans for June, except I'll be there for two weeks, not just a weekend. :cool:

I can't relax with only one week of holiday. It has to be at least two weeks.

Last summer I had a month in Greece, travelling alone with no one reminding me of everyday life back home. I was free, and it was totally relaxing. Work felt like a million miles away. I was so detached from life back home, I couldn't be bothered to check how the Covid situation was developing. After a month I got on the return flight, which was eeringly empty. When I arrived in Oslo we were guided to the passport control. I asked the policeman why they needed to check my passport. Greece and Norway are both Schengen countries. Border controls are banned. I have my freedom of movement. :mad: Verhofstad will be annoyed! Then the policeman told me whilst I was away on holiday, Greece had turned "red" and I was now to be placed in 10 days quarantine.

However, the month in Greece was totally worth 10 days of quarantine.

Flew out for just over a week on my own in 2014 after a 7 Year relationship came to an end and it was incredible. Watching the world go by at Cafe Del Mar, Kumharas and Orange Corner by day. Did a boat party, trip to Es Vedra, Night at Amnesia and Space

Met a quality small group of lads from Australia on the Driftwood Boat then again at Cream. Was a great experience. Came home then flew out again on my own a few months later to see the Prodigy at Ushuaia. Amazing thing to do and I’d love to do it again one Day

For now tho it’s trips over with the Mrs 😁

These are EXACTLY my plans for June, except I'll be there for two weeks, not just a weekend. :cool:

I can't relax with only one week of holiday. It has to be at least two weeks.

Last summer I had a month in Greece, travelling alone with no one reminding me of everyday life back home. I was free, and it was totally relaxing. Work felt like a million miles away. I was so detached from life back home, I couldn't be bothered to check how the Covid situation was developing. After a month I got on the return flight, which was eeringly empty. When I arrived in Oslo we were guided to the passport control. I asked the policeman why they needed to check my passport. Greece and Norway are both Schengen countries. Border controls are banned. I have my freedom of movement. :mad: Verhofstad will be annoyed! Then the policeman told me whilst I was away on holiday, Greece had turned "red" and I was now to be placed in 10 days quarantine.

However, the month in Greece was totally worth 10 days of quarantine.
It's interesting about relaxing and the length of the holiday. Knowing Ibiza so well, as soon as I arrive I can hit relax mode as, apart from checking in...there's nothing else to waste time on. I know the buses, the boats, the best bars, the shops for picnics, the ferries...so no time wasted finding stuff out. So a four day stay is just that, straight from the start. I've had fortnight's holidays where it's taken a week to find my way around. Yes, that's part of the fun of going somewhere new; but not fun if you only have a week or less.

Back