going ibiza on your own

I find I spend a lot less time in my hotel room when I'm traveling solo since there's little incentive to hang out there (all the excitement is elsewhere) and I'm never sitting around waiting for someone else to get ready. That means I can be content with an inexpensive room with no kind of view, in exchange for a great location.

Like last summer, I was really content with a basic room at a small hotel in San An -- nothing fancy and the room literally had a view of a wall, but it had a nice pool, was a block or two from the marina, and was an easy walk to all the drinks, food and several parties. Since I wasn't there for much more than sleep and a shower, it was worked out great.

Good advice, though id say a nice balcony in the sun can be worth paying a bit more for. I found I sunbathed more on my own balcony than by the pool, and it was nice having drinks on there in the sun before tea, I felt awkward by the pool alone but everyone is different!

Good advice, though id say a nice balcony in the sun can be worth paying a bit more for. I found I sunbathed more on my own balcony than by the pool, and it was nice having drinks on there in the sun before tea, I felt awkward by the pool alone but everyone is different!
Lol I was at the pool on my own last October and my mate was on the balcony 3 floors up he hates water and the sun... Lady beside me said did ye have a fight or something...? Think she thought we were a couple, the fishbowl didn't help me...
IMG_20200516_140332.jpg

Last edited:
has anyone on here been to ibiza on their own? i know times aren't great with coronavirus, but im thinking of going on my own if we manage to get away this summer!. just wanna if you think it would be strange going on your own?
But you're not going home alone, while you're in Ibiza 😁

I loved going alone but not sure in the coronavirus era I would do it. It would be harder to meet/talk to people.

The first time I went alone I was very nervous, almost backed out.
But by the end of the trip (3days I had met loads of people)
On the last night I was with a few people I met and we were walking through the corridors at Hi and I bumped into so many people I'd met the previous few days that one of the guys said "I thought you said you came out here alone, you know half the people in here!" 😅

Just go to Resistance at Privilege, get right on one and the next day you have 20 new friends on facebook, and you have no idea who they are!
Well, that's what happened to me!

Not been there on my own only in a group, but would imagine its a good choice. Not too far to walk alone, nice pool area etc
I've stayed there on my own before, perfect for everything. I had a Vespa on that trip so was an ideal location to get out and about over the island.

I think there's a certain shame that has been assigned to solo travel. that shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.

Any time you're on your own there's a sort of 'loner' stigma attached to that...

"What's the matter? Don't you have any friends?" sort of thing... I wish it weren't like that, but it's always circling like a buzzard in the back of my mind when I'm solo.

T-minus 6 months a couple of days until I venture out there solo. Have no expectations and a lot of
I think there's a certain shame that has been assigned to solo travel. that shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.

Any time you're on your own there's a sort of 'loner' stigma attached to that...

"What's the matter? Don't you have any friends?" sort of thing... I wish it weren't like that, but it's always circling like a buzzard in the back of my mind when I'm solo.
That's all in your head, no one cares how you choose to travel. :)

The first time I came to Ibiza in 2012 I was on my own and I messaged a girl on here at met up with her. Then I met a bunch of other people - some of who I’m still mates with!

Ibiza Spotlight... bringing people together 🥰

Exactly the same. Except 2013....met a few off the forum.

Repeatedly said on here that it was probably one of the best weeks I've ever had.

I'd pay big money to experience that week again....

😱 I had no idea that you trip was going to be solo... though it would be with your family or significant other.

Good luck with that!
It was, but got COVID modified. Originally was traveling with a close friend and fellow degenerate, but he's not comfortable traveling at the moment. Definitely not going to wait around, he can come with next year :D The wife isn't a partier, she'd last maybe a day and then i'd be on my own anyways, lol might as well just go alone at that point.

It was, but got COVID modified. Originally was traveling with a close friend and fellow degenerate, but he's not comfortable traveling at the moment. Definitely not going to wait around, he can come with next year :D The wife isn't a partier, she'd last maybe a day and then i'd be on my own anyways, lol might as well just go alone at that point.
B_falls going balls deep...

I feel like this could be me this year. Friends are booked mid July in Ibiza Rocks, moved from last year. I imagine at that point it will be pretty restricted and if they had a choice they wouldn't go, however it probably won't be restricted enough for them to cancel. They won't go again if they've already been and they'll probably write it off in their minds if it's cancelled as they'll assume it's not gonna suddenly open with a couple of months.
I however would be open to going in September time but if the island isn't very normal it would only be a chilling holiday. I do have one mate I could join but September might not work with their annual leave. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's possible that might be more of an American thing too, as I've had friends from California say they can't understand how I can travel on my own and have a good time.

But in Europe, it's never been an issue. If anything, it's been the opposite with people I've met in Ibiza. I run into people who tell me how amazing it is that I can make a trip over from the US all on my own, and its been a great conversation starter for making new friends.

It's possible that might be more of an American thing too, as I've had friends from California say trthey can't understand how I can travel on my own and have a good time.

But in Europe, it's never been an issue. If anything, it's been the opposite with people I've met in Ibiza. I run into people who tell me how amazing it is that I can make a trip over from the US all on my own, and its been a great conversation starter for making new friends.
Yes some people think I am crazy traveling on my own and some people think it's amazing

I used to think like that, but I'd consider it quite an old-fashioned view now. I feel more sorry for people who would never travel on their own.

It's possible that might be more of an American thing too, as I've had friends from California say they can't understand how I can travel on my own and have a good time.

Can definitely confirm, It's very American.

Back