going ibiza on your own

Haha I speak to anyone so you would of clocked me.

Came for the closings in 2017, got on well with a Scottish lad who was also on his own that the couple next to our table in the hotel thought we knew each other years! Got him on the socials and kept in touch.

Be warned. Going solo can be that good, that next time you get offered to go away with friends etc you'd find yourself rejecting them as its much better on your own. I'm like that with my misses and mates sometimes (sssh)
hahaha me too....I always never tell my mates when I am going so I can go alone

I only invited them this yeat Oct as it was a big birthday one....but my mates still want to go...I told them I am not going if I cant party in a club in Oct or have to go wearing a face mask, would rather wait till 2021

I suppose I was being flippant in that post.. everyone´s different of course. I'm personally not great at breaking the ice and prone to paranoia if too long alone in a bar (and especially a restaurant). I think it goes back to the old days when there would always be someone going "so who are you here with?" which would put me on edge. + too many creeps/leeches I met in London forever scrounging lifts/gear and the rest. that kind of thing always put me off going anywhere solo. each to their own though... if you're a born extrovert, no problemo

I’ve done it twice on my own both times for a week. I loved it not having to answer to anyone. Being able to do what I wanted whenever I wanted. I never felt out of place. Always found someone to talk to if I wanted to.

Exactly this! All but one of my trips to Ibiza have been solo, and I so love getting to spend the week on my own terms. Never waiting for anyone to leave for a show, party-hopping when you feel like it, and then sleeping in the next day as late as you want. Though in my case, I'm headed to one of the big clubs every night, where I almost always find people to talk to there (particularly since being American seems to be a conversation starter). Of course, that side of things almost certainly won't really be the same even by the end of summer.

I suppose I was being flippant in that post.. everyone´s different of course. I'm personally not great at breaking the ice and prone to paranoia if too long alone in a bar (and especially a restaurant). I think it goes back to the old days when there would always be someone going "so who are you here with?" which would put me on edge. + too many creeps/leeches I met in London forever scrounging lifts/gear and the rest. that kind of thing always put me off going anywhere solo. each to their own though... if you're a born extrovert, no problem

Yeah, a see your point and it may be the case that is so long since I've been out to bars and clubs that I don't remember the situation. No-one want to the person in the kitchen everyone else thought someone else knew a 7am..,,,,,

Been on my own in and out of season and loved both. In season it was so easy to meet people. Met so many people outside bars and ended up meeting up with them for most of the holiday. Out of season it's unlikely you will meet anyone unless pre-planned but I spent the time cycling around the countryside or sat down a secluded beach at sunset. I say go for it.

going solo to ibz :easy, especially with social network u can gather dozens of contacts
Without social network the way to meet people is around the pool

going to small places :another story (o'beach , Cova santa, lio ibz heart ibz Destino ibz km5 ibz , pikes hotel Blue marlin ibz, benimussa park,ibz rocks)
when thinking about hundred parties there, i can't go solo anymore to those places i need mates as its always better when u have 1 mate (even solo on dancefloor as people always split)

For solo experience:eating at restaurant going to beaches n going to big clubs (including ushuaia): piece of cake
solo, u need some calm and in big clubs u can mix easily without people noticing u are solo ?
Try it in small places like LIO ,with 30 people dancefloor, not funny at all ?

If back to ibz, i won't go anymore to a club solo as with at least 1 mate, it's priceless (pre drinking part is important, doing it solo? :confused:)

i always met dozen of new faces in clubs but having a 4-5 pack is priceless (mates can keep place when someone on mission to pick drinks n a way to look after each other against pickpockets and rude people)
Mates help for motivation too as without, im sure i ll give up in the middle of many parties as too messy to carry on ?
When solo, u are shove from places to places (dc10 , ushuaia, privilege main room) without possibility to fight back against pack of rude people

ps:your concern is more, that ibz back to normal than going solo..trust me, as someone that have partied hundred of time solo in ibiz :cool:

Last edited:
going solo to ibz :easy, especially with social network u can gather dozens of contacts
Without social network the way to meet people is around the pool

going to small places :another story (o'beach , Cova santa, lio ibz heart ibz Destino ibz km5 ibz , pikes hotel Blue marlin ibz, benimussa park,ibz rocks)
when thinking about hundred parties there, i can't go solo anymore to those places i need mates as its always better when u have 1 mate (even solo on dancefloor as people always split)

For solo experience:eating at restaurant going to beaches n going to big clubs (including ushuaia): piece of cake
solo, u need some calm and in big clubs u can mix easily without people noticing u are solo ?
Try it in small places like LIO ,with 30 people dancefloor, not funny at all ?

If back to ibz, i won't go anymore to a club solo as with at least 1 mate, it's priceless (pre drinking part is important, doing it solo? :confused:)

i always met dozen of new faces in clubs but having a 4-5 pack is priceless (mates can keep place when someone on mission to pick drinks n a way to look after each other against pickpockets and rude people)
Mates help for motivation too as without, im sure i ll give up in the middle of many parties as too messy to carry on ?
When solo, u are shove from places to places (dc10 , ushuaia, privilege main room) without possibility to fight back against pack of rude people

ps:your concern is more, that ibz back to normal than going solo..trust me, as someone that have partied hundred of time solo in ibiz :cool:
I thought km5 closed last year?
But you don't drink and drive?

shut last year , but i was remembering the time ive been there solo ibz99 and 15.
i always drink once car is parked, even with a glass of sangria for lunch, road is curvy from Cala vadella Mari restaurant to Playa dem bossa.

Going solo to ibz is a good idea but going solo with ibz mates from all around the world ,is the answer.

shut last year , but i was remembering the time ive been there solo ibz99 and 15.
i always drink once car is parked, even with a glass of sangria for lunch, road is curvy from Cala vadella Mari restaurant to Playa dem bossa.

Going solo to ibz is a good idea but going solo with ibz mates from all around the world ,is the answer.
1981 was a good solo year, and the best Ibiza Band "Winter Band" played at St. Peppar 1?
Craig were you in Ibiza in 1981?

Last edited:
some great advice guys and girls! i did look at doing it a couple of years go but i found the hotel prices bit dear! any advice on that front? last 3 or 4 times ive been ive stayed in the bay all inc(with mates) going on your own is it better to go to cheap hotel in san an?

some great advice guys and girls! i did look at doing it a couple of years go but i found the hotel prices bit dear! any advice on that front? last 3 or 4 times ive been ive stayed in the bay all inc(with mates) going on your own is it better to go to cheap hotel in san an?
I think you could do that. My parents are that way.

I've gotten in the bad habit of going big on vacations with a really nice hotel and just overspending. But you know I realize I don't have to do that... There's so much to enjoy that doesn't require a lot of spending. I would assume (I haven't actually gone to Ibiza yet) you could have a really good time in Ibiza doing just what you're saying! :)

I can't see how I won't be cancelling my trip with my friend in early July at this point. May try and do a solo trip in late Aug or early Sept if things normalize by then.

there are some good deals out there for solo travellers you just need to look around. I know there are several hotels that have single rooms. It all depends what you want to spend on the hotel really

Depends what you want to do, chill and sightsee, rave or a bit of both.

I stayed in Port Sant Miguel for my solo trip which was a bit too quiet in May and you needed a car but stunning place all the same. Some of the smaller resorts may be chepaer but of course got to make sure car hire, petrol or bus fares dont outweigh the savings.

some great advice guys and girls! i did look at doing it a couple of years go but i found the hotel prices bit dear! any advice on that front?

I find I spend a lot less time in my hotel room when I'm traveling solo since there's little incentive to hang out there (all the excitement is elsewhere) and I'm never sitting around waiting for someone else to get ready. That means I can be content with an inexpensive room with no kind of view, in exchange for a great location.

Like last summer, I was really content with a basic room at a small hotel in San An -- nothing fancy and the room literally had a view of a wall, but it had a nice pool, was a block or two from the marina, and was an easy walk to all the drinks, food and several parties. Since I wasn't there for much more than sleep and a shower, it was worked out great.

I have travelled with work solo and it is great to choose the where, when and with who …. I never done a holiday solo , I have no problem with the idea but does make me think a bit of these two...

Untitled.jpg

Back