Going clubbing solo

Guiri number1

I'm thinking of going clubbing solo this weekend for the first time in my home city. I know people on here go to Ibiza on their own, however, I'd be interested to hear of the experiences of people who go clubbing solo in their own city.

I do it regularly for a few reasons.
My clubbing circle has got smaller as the years pass, and nowadays the few events we agree to be all available for a go together are usually the big, mass-market parties. In other words, the ones I'm least bothered about!
This way I can pick my parties and I dont have to worry about keeping everybody happy.
I actually prefer it in a lot of ways. You dont have to sync toilet/fag/drink runs and you dont have to worry about anybody else not being on your level.
Plus, I find that I'm a lot more conscious and less likely to get too silly on the old intoxicants.
Or course, there are negatives too. The journey home can be especially lonely

I don't know if I could do it, going solo.

Saying that, sometimes I go off on a tangent cutting my own shapes in nightclubs. Get randomly found later on by a mate.

And also I talk that much bollocks, to literally anyone, when I'm off my box.

So probably wouldn't be too much of a drama once you got settled in to it and the music is pumping :D?

Very occasionally, when she's away..

I can't handle the paranoia though at certain events. Not knowing anyone there is a no-no

Couldn't do it here with out bumping into someone you know even in Dublin or Cork....... Have done it loads of times away though..no problems.. few near missus.. just don't get to fckd up..and trust nobody.. ?

I'm thinking of going clubbing solo this weekend for the first time in my home city. I know people on here go to Ibiza on their own, however, I'd be interested to hear of the experiences of people who go clubbing solo in their own city.

there's no clubbing to be had here, so I go to LA; which is like an hour away. It can be fun if you like to dance. If not, it's kind of not worthwhile. I've clubbed solo on multiple occasions between 2002 & 2019; haven't been this year. It's not bad. I'd not try to stay too long. As long as the cover isn't insane you'll be good after an hour or two of that. It's more interesting if you like the DJ more than most. For example I went to Tiesto, Digweed, Oakenfold, & Infected Mushroom. I though for sure Infected Mushroom would kill it, but I was surprised. They did not. I couldn't hear any of the nuance from their studio albums in the performance. So that was a failed experience. I emailed Exchange LA (the name of the club) and told them I couldn't hear Infected Mushroom, but they never got back to me. The best one was the most recent (not including raves from pre-2018 of which there are too many) which was Oakenfold! :) He was total pro. He even played a hit from 1581018766073.png

I was surprised at how happy I was to hear something from way back then (2000 I believe...) and he played Camelphat "Breathe" as well, so he wasn't really leaning on old material. Oakie had Dave Ralph with him too ( I think... memory blah). Tiesto was over the top with the pyrotechnics but it was a hopping show too. & I really like John Digweed so I went and saw him which was cool, but I was tired as it was the same weekend as Tiesto.

My personal preference is to go clubbing with someone that doesn't mind dancing. If the person doesn't like to dance you end up chatting which is fine, but I'm too distracted for that. If you're alone, that's fine too. Just know that you're going home alone. =-)

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and fly solo this Saturday. To be fair, when I go with others, I rarely speak to anyone. I'm a head down, get in my own little zone, dance from the moment I get in there until the lights come up kinda guy anyway. :p

there's no clubbing to be had here, so I go to LA; which is like an hour away. It can be fun if you like to dance. If not, it's kind of not worthwhile. I've clubbed solo on multiple occasions between 2002 & 2019; haven't been this year. It's not bad.

I went to a warehouse party in downtown LA which had loads of people on their own. Get involved on Dublab. They'll point you in the right direction ?

I used to go out alone alot where I live and enjoyed it... Can arrive and leave when you want....if u want sit down for a rest or go on the dance floor u can...only thing is I get paranoid when in the que. Once I am in there not so much as when dancing you are standing by people anyway and for all anyone knows the person you are standing by could be your mate...

Not sure I could do it, missed on quite a few things I should have gone to because of it.

At most I’ve done a few hours at festivals alone when big groups and just fancy doing what I want. But if intoxicated didn’t really enjoy it

Back