Goal of the Year?

:lol:
Yes, the true spiritual homes of all things Blue and Red, respectively :lol:
Just hoping there's not another injury time shocker from your lot!

for me this goal can never be classed as a true great.

scoring the 5th goal in a 5-1 win means you can almost write it off immediately, forgetting the abysmal defending liam mentioned.

if a goal involves taking other players on, then those factors have to be taken into account.

If all of Bayern's men had been thrown forward to try to claw their way back into the match, I might agree with you. But there were 5 players plus the keeper in the area, all outclassed by a single player.

Surely, the defending on this instance was poor, and Bayern were obviously having a bad day, but this is the team that just last month trounced Sporting in similar fashion... twice!

You can't deny that there were skills on display :!:

If all of Bayern's men had been thrown forward to try to claw their way back into the match, I might agree with you. But there were 5 players plus the keeper in the area, all outclassed by a single player.

Surely, the defending on this instance was poor, and Bayern were obviously having a bad day, but this is the team that just last month trounced Sporting in similar fashion... twice!

You can't deny that there were skills on display :!:

i agree it looked good, but it is meaningless if the defender makes half hearted challenges. i mean look at the slight deflection the ball gets on the way in, the defender barely moves, if he'd been any more still he'd have taken root.

to reiterate, if a world class player makes a 40% effort tackle, then it can make a dribble like that, where he beats 2 players and a sprawling keeper, look amazing.

the context is everything here, the skill is 10 a penny, i'd fancy my chances if my team was 4-1 up.

i agree it looked good, but it is meaningless if the defender makes half hearted challenges. i mean look at the slight deflection the ball gets on the way in, the defender barely moves, if he'd been any more still he'd have taken root.
Looked to me as if they were all preparing to move in the wrong direction, which is why the backheel worked and all that defender could do was stick his toe out :confused:

Goal of the year? Calm down!! He dribbled past 2 or 3 players, which most people can do in a game, and then scuffed his backheel wich andy ottl should have got his foot to!! If we are talking goals of the season, then this HAS to be up there.. Mascara for catania v palermo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwH4etOBfj4

:lol:Just hoping there's not another injury time shocker from your lot!

At least you wont have Riise playing this time :lol: You know how we love the injury time winners ;)

to reiterate, if a world class player makes a 40% effort tackle, then it can make a dribble like that, where he beats 2 players and a sprawling keeper, look amazing.

And thats what ALL the defenders do in this instance !! :rolleyes: Made him look Ronaldo'esque :?:?

I should clarify - the title of this thread was from the title of the YouTube page and the commentator's pronouncements. I am playing devil's advocate with Grego in support of this being a good goal, but by no means claim it's the goal of the year....

That Mascara shot is a bit of a wing-and-a-prayer shot but good one nonetheless! :D

Ooh. Enjoy! :D

I'm off to Stamford Bridge on Saturday and sticking around for Tuesday night as well. It's been almost 5 months since I've been.

Good to "see" you, by the way! :D Que tal??

Morbyd, what games are you watching? I hardly know barça's new players let alone who plays against chelsea :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm great thanks, just waiting for thursday to start my easter holidays :D
Is everything under control in Moscow?

Liam, you support liverpool?

We've got Bolton at home over the weekend and Liverpool in the Champions League on Tuesday.

I've lost track of Barca's new players as well. Looking forward to renewing acquaintances soon ;)

All is well in Moskva. Nothing much new, really, except Irina's got her first solo exhibit coming up.

Back