Goa

agentundercover

Re goa, back today - Thanks for all the tips, particularly to MarkB (albeit I am having to go back next year to go to the areas you recommended!).

Had an amazing time, took in Panjim, Palolem & Agonda. Stunning views, great weather, unbelievably good & cheap food & the most chilled out population ever 8):).

Few pics below, full hit on facebook.

n849975477_5233672_2465.jpg

n849975477_5233693_9192.jpg

n849975477_5233696_220.jpg

n849975477_5233697_563.jpg

n849975477_5233120_6218.jpg

n849975477_5233139_1610.jpg

n849975477_5233142_2535.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1972/217/79/849975477/n849975477_5233120_6218.jpg

wow wow wow i'm so pleased you had a great time! you'll have to give barbie your tips!!!

it's an amazing place isn't it? great pics mate!! i take it the missus had a great time too?

Wow looks amazing and got me right excited for our travels in February :D

I have already been hassling MarkB for 5404324 hints and tips (thankyouuuu :oops:) but any more first hand advice feel free to pass it on ;)

Goa's crawling with dirty crusties and impressionable youth from Surrey on gap years

Indian police waaay too soft, imo

Goa's crawling with dirty crusties and impressionable youth from Surrey on gap years

Indian police waaay too soft, imo

:lol:

images

a few tw4t stick chucking ex hippies where we were, but I thinks thats more the Arambol end of things.

Crikey, I said hello to Julian Macdonald at one bar (Turtle Lounge, Agonda) so it can't be to grimmey!

wow wow wow i'm so pleased you had a great time! you'll have to give barbie your tips!!!

it's an amazing place isn't it? great pics mate!! i take it the missus had a great time too?

Missus loved it mate - she has been to other parts of India - Kerala for instance (sic?) so was fearful it would be a bit to 'spoilt' - but no, particularly Agonda - lovely atmosphere.

I'm planning on going back next Jan to do a bit more, backpacking, on me todd. Thats two months post honeymoon tho, so will see how the balance sheet is!

i have alot of time for Goa to ... recently been on the travel circuit and couldnt have finished my trip off any better than having mellow times on Goa's finnest beaches ... Dec is just perfecto for the weather ...

in contrast from starting my Indian leg of the trip in northern India ... and making my way down south, its like entering another country ... i ended up flying from Jaipur to Goa and i was super shocked at the difference in the way of life and totally different poverty levels!

i have alot of time for Goa to ... recently been on the travel circuit and couldnt have finished my trip off any better than having mellow times on Goa's finnest beaches ... Dec is just perfecto for the weather ...

in contrast from starting my Indian leg of the trip in northern India ... and making my way down south, its like entering another country ... i ended up flying from Jaipur to Goa and i was super shocked at the difference in the way of life and totally different poverty levels!

tell me more tell me more

i've got a plan hatching to do this next Jan for a couple of weeks. i want to see the north, at least for a few days! then take a train. a long train journey. then end up in goa for say a week.

whadidyado?

well with the time frame i had i didnt anywhere near enough ... but for a 1st time visit i didnt 'bite of more than i can chew' as it were.

my route was allitle text book and they call it 'The Golden Triangle' ... i took in Delhi - Agra - Jaipur ... in just over 2 weeks ... to really explore India properly i'd say a good 6 months is required, tho i was on a 12 month voyage i spent alot of months in Australia - working visa was the main reason and its sick surf breaks ...

reading your post in saying you want to see northern India for a few days ... u'll need to make it at least a few weeks or you'll be wasting your time!

the poverty in Northern India is of a wayyyyy bigger level than Goa and its surrounding areas, i saw some horrific sights, specially in and around the suburbs of Delhi! ... but as i had backpacked all through SE Asia prior to this, it made a big difference in the respect of getting use to different levels of poverty ... and Nepal was on par with some parts of Northern India.

of which, if you can include a visit to Nepal during your travels of Northern India i would certainly recommend it, mind blowing!! .... the scenary, the people and thier way of life is something i will never ever forget!!

i have heaps of pics on my facebook that'll get you amped for your adventure ...

well with the time frame i had i didnt anywhere near enough ... but for a 1st time visit i didnt 'bite of more than i can chew' as it were.

my route was allitle text book and they call it 'The Golden Triangle' ... i took in Delhi - Agra - Jaipur ... in just over 2 weeks ... to really explore India properly i'd say a good 6 months is required, tho i was on a 12 month voyage i spent alot of months in Australia - working visa was the main reason and its sick surf breaks ...

reading your post in saying you want to see northern India for a few days ... u'll need to make it at least a few weeks or you'll be wasting your time!

the poverty in Northern India is of a wayyyyy bigger level than Goa and its surrounding areas, i saw some horrific sights, specially in and around the suburbs of Delhi! ... but as i had backpacked all through SE Asia prior to this, it made a big difference in the respect of getting use to different levels of poverty ... and Nepal was on par with some parts of Northern India.

of which, if you can include a visit to Nepal during your travels of Northern India i would certainly recommend it, mind blowing!! .... the scenary, the people and thier way of life is something i will never ever forget!!

i have heaps of pics on my facebook that'll get you amped for your adventure ...

cheers:p

the scale of the place is dawning on me. i will have two weeks. i want to take a train. i want to go to mumbai. but i want to spend more time exploring goa.

so current idea would be, fly to mumbai. day or two there. train to vasco da gama in goa. say ten days in goa at a couple of beaches. then train back & home.

your right, i would need months to do it properly & no mortgage or career :spank:!

i'll look you facebook up and get excited.

Back