*** Go to Formentera!!!

J

JanAlex

maybe a very brief review, but...

if you can manage to get up at 10am one day of your stay and take a boat to Formentera (about 45 min.), you will be rewarded with white sand and turquoise water for a perfect relaxing day on that beautiful island right next to Ibiza!

besides the club-life, a must see!!!

Agreed! This island is beautiful. Hopefully the restrictions there will allow it to stay like that.

Perhaps this is what Ibiza was like in the early days.

have you been to the blue bar?,....I ve heard a radio sessioin from there, fantastic balearic music,...this year im planning to stay on formentera a few days!

vienna said:
have you been to the blue bar?,....I ve heard a radio sessioin from there, fantastic balearic music,...this year im planning to stay on formentera a few days!

not yet - but thanx for the clue! I will check it out in september...

Is there any Formentera guide anywhere? what is there to see? which beaches to go to?

ziggy said:
Is there any Formentera guide anywhere? what is there to see? which beaches to go to?

the mini-rough guide to ibiza and formentera
published by rough guides
has quite a bit on formentera and like most rough guides is a good read (imo)

Yes, you can get guides, but when you go by boat, there will be information available.

We took the Special Island Bus tour when we got off the island. It cost only 5.5 euros (there are others costing more which try to hook you when you dock!) which took us straight to the beach. We arrived about half 11am and were picked up from this fantastic beach, with quiet, 'real' sands (clean too) and beautiful water at 3pm and taken off on a whistle-stop tour of the island.

We went to the hills at the base, where you could see right over formentera's flat landscape, with Ibiza in the background. After a short stop, we drove to the most southerly point, with some fantastic views off the cliffs to the sea below, before all piling back on and going back to the port in time for the 5pm ferry back.

You can hire bikes and mopeds, but this option is ideal for a short visit, and a good value way of reaching the beach of Es Pujol.

Thanx for the info..
Are there castles to visit? restaurants to go to? etc

JanAlex said:
maybe a very brief review, but...

if you can manage to get up at 10am one day of your stay and take a boat to Formentera (about 45 min.), you will be rewarded with white sand and turquoise water for a perfect relaxing day

brief review - but should be sufficient to encourage people to visit formentera!! :D

14.jpg

(illetes)

Great picture... nuff said... I'm there!!!!

By the way I have the rough guide to ibiza and formentara and its very helpful and detailed.

with a feeling of deja vu he said

the rough guide is written by one of our members - iain stewart.

Super stuff, its a bit heavy but I am sure I will appreciate all the detail in it a bit more when I am actually there.

So can you answer a few q's?
-How much does it cost to get across to formetara?
-How often do the ferries cross to there?
-How long does it take to cross?
-Do the ferries take hire cars or are they foot passenger ferries only?

Ta muchly! :p

Rent a Bike

Hi All,

I love Formentera. I would suggest that you rent a bike right at the port upon arrival. I don't remember how much it cost but do remember very little.

The island is quite flat. Going and riding there were one of my favorite experiences whilst in Spain. I was just riding my bike along the road, it was just me and the world. I loved it!

You can always rent a car but on holiday...why not to stick more to nature. I do have some pics...if anyone is interested, please pm me.

Enjoy!

Our day at Formentera had to be the best day we spent while we were there. The carribean has nothing on this place. Quite simply beautiful!

Formentera is definitely on my list this summer. In the past I've been pressed for time and was unable to make it out. Hopefully during my month stay I'll be able to squeeze in a day or two in Formentera. Also, the Rough Guide by Iain Stewart is excellent!

:D Can't wait to take Mike there ...

Mind you ... there was nothing at all there back i 1982 ... :eek:

Lol, we lived by the rough guide whilst we were there. Thanks to that, we saw places we would never have known about otherwise. I would definately reccomend it for first timers like we were, or even those who have been before but not seen the island.

I thought formentura was outstanding, plus the entire island is clothing optional. So along with the beautiful beaches, clear caribbean like water,
you'll find some of the hottest women lounging out, parading, strolling nude all day. It's unbelieveable.

Back