Global Underground W5: The Underground Sound Of Ealing.

Robbie G

If anyone is interested here is a mix I did last week.

Its a reflection of my legendary 7+ hour sets for the Ealing underground

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKBUGM62

Track list:

Two Armadillos - Nostalgia
The Return - New Day
Hercules & Love Affair - Blind (Frankie Knuckles Dub)
Daniel Mehlhart - Konstantprgramm
UBU - Pixels (Pete Heller's Old Skool mix)
Henrick Schwartz & Amampondo - I Exist because of You (Dixons Stripped version)
Sam Ball - Sunshine Lover
Ame - Shiro
Gus Gus - Moss
Samuel L Session - Can you Relate
Hertz - Big Bang
Tigerskin - PeterSecretWeapon
Nu Frequency & Shara Nelson - Go That Deep (Charles Webster Mix)

Enjoy!

Looks tasty. I'll have some of that

got my own fond memories of Ealing - used to live in a shared house on a road just off Northfields Ave - those times were brilliant ... but party-wise there was nothing, apart from the george & dragon in acton, which was an insane little live venue with weird ladders and motorbikes suspended from the ceiling - sadly got closed down by yuppie neighbours who moved in to neighbouring flats and pressured the council about the noise... :rolleyes:

Looks tasty. I'll have some of that

got my own fond memories of Ealing - used to live in a shared house on a road just off Northfields Ave - those times were brilliant ... but party-wise there was nothing, apart from the george & dragon in acton, which was an insane little live venue with weird ladders and motorbikes suspended from the ceiling - sadly got closed down by yuppie neighbours who moved in to neighbouring flats and pressured the council about the noise... :rolleyes:

There was loads in Ealing and the surrounding area. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You just needed to look for the decent parties or be in the know I guess... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Morillo at Motivation was a pretty damn fine night, or maybe that was just the company ;););) 321 used to be a scream & we won't discuss the legendary Haven Stables will we??? :lol::lol::lol:

Ealing now = **** though

Mix really good liking a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, guess it depends on when we're talking here - I was there 04/05 - all the clubs I knew - boulevard, red room and other plubs around the broadway were meat markets, full of rudebwoys or desperate Poles in search of muff.

also, let's just say morillo and me are never gonna quite see eye to eye on music unless we're talking moody reel II reel ( :lol: ) remixes from 1994, of which there a couple of very decent ones

ah well, I wasn't in the know :oops:

is there quite a big Ealing connection on this forum then?

ok, guess it depends on when we're talking here - I was there 04/05 - all the clubs I knew - boulevard, red room and other plubs around the broadway were meat markets, full of rudebwoys or desperate Poles in search of muff.

also, let's just say morillo and me are never gonna quite see eye to eye on music unless we're talking moody reel II reel ( :lol: ) remixes from 1994, of which there a couple of very decent ones

is there quite a big Ealing connection on this forum then?

04/05 I wholeheartedly agree. That's a pretty good sum up in fact.

I was talking 93-99.

There's a fair few people on here that have an Ealing connection. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and it was where a 'certain record label' began, if you didn't know. So it does have a fairly broad history in the house annals. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad you liked it.

Ealing is a bit of a waist land when it comes to clubs, but it has some very nice pubs, you cant have have everything I suppose.

Olly I live about 5 min from Northfields tube

Back