Global Gathering

I've been 4-5 times to this one as it's not too far from where I live. After each time I promise I won't go again.... Full of Chav's, fights and in the morning you will come accross discarded wallet's and purses from robberies (well I did anyways!). Also at X O'clock the music is turned down - really down!

4 quid for a warm can of Carlsberg...

Also the site itself - hardly a beauty sopt!

Horse's for courses I guess, but I'm not a fan of this festival! :(

cant be bothered to go this year only fancied seeing moby and hes been chucked into one of the tents to make way for you know that bloke who rips off tunes and passes them off as his own, sad that ive basically been forced to not go

People pay good money and they turn the music down for no reason. Spoils the atmosphere and was part of the reason I didnt go back this year.

It totally killed the Gods tent when they done the same last year.

There's various reasons for music being turned down, wind direction, wind speed,amount of people in the tent etc. They have to abide by very strict rules set by the local authorities. If global had the choice they would have the sound up all night, believe me the sound systems are more than capable of it.

There's various reasons for music being turned down, wind direction, wind speed, amount of people in the tent etc.

In a tent (as oppose to an outdoor stage) does the wind direction and windspeed outside actually matter?? Sorry but i doubt the organiser have a direct link to met office in case the wind turns from a north east direction to an eastern direction

Also surely at 2am on the saturday the tent wouldve been pretty full so wouldn't have been much need to turn it down? Unless of course the was a mass exodus when Judge Jules came on or something..

yes, unless the tents were 100% soundproof the outside weather conditions do have a drastic effect on the outside noise and yes they do have technicians on site who specificly monitor the outside noise pullution etc.
I was in the gods tent at 2am, which was just after armin finished and I can tell you the tent went from full to half full. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying any local residents were affected by the noise, but they have to abide by the terms of their license.

Back