Global Gathering

ILoveSpaceIbiza

Hi, Just looking for some advice from the ever friendly and helpful forumites :)

Was looking at heading over to England for some of the festivals and from the looks of it, Global Gathering has the best line up so just a few questions if you'd be so kind!!

1. Have we left it too late, is there still tickets on sale (the main site and the UK ticketmaster are blocked here in work so I can't check)

2. How easy is it to get to? Is flying into Birmingham and getting a train down the best option?

3. Is there much accomadation around the area?

4. Is it worth coming over from Ireland for?

5. What sort of crowd does it attract? These kind of festivals in Ireland seem to attract the very worst of scumbags, what's the crowd like in England?

that's about it although i'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this ha ha!!

1. Have we left it too late, is there still tickets on sale (the main site and the UK ticketmaster are blocked here in work so I can't check)

2. How easy is it to get to? Is flying into Birmingham and getting a train down the best option?

3. Is there much accomadation around the area?

4. Is it worth coming over from Ireland for?

5. What sort of crowd does it attract? These kind of festivals in Ireland seem to attract the very worst of scumbags, what's the crowd like in England?

that's about it although i'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this ha ha!!

1. Tickets will be onsale right up until the day so don't worry about it selling out

2. Err I'm not sure cos we drive up from London, I guess Birmingham is the closest biggest city to it and then get train to Stratford (but prob best checking on a map cos my geography isn't all that :oops:)

3. We always stay in the New Inn which is a couple of miles from the site http://www.thenewinnhotel.co.uk/ It only has about 12 rooms tho so gets booked up really quickly. There is a lot of hotels in Stratford which is a bit further away but plenty of taxis will take you there/back.

4. Of all the dance festivals in the UK it is always one of my faves so yes I think it's probably worth coming over for

5. I think they normally have a drum n bass arena which attracts some nobs with attitude but apart from that it's generally a nice friendly crowd of all ages

Second what Barbie said....

I've got a room at the travelodge in Stratford (know what i'm getting was the appeal)

Might be worht looking into VIP tickets for the seperate campsite and seperate entrance if you plan on going in and out....

And the drum and Bass tent was alright but like anything if you look after yourselves then it'll be an awesome weekend!

Cheers
D

Hey!

I'm going to Global Gathering this year. Will be my 3rd in a row.
It's definitely worth going to.. the atmosphere is amazing, soooo many people all there for the same thing and thats to party to dance music... not rock music.. DANCE music.. in every form you can think of.

Tickets shouldn't sell out, although the line-up this year is looking fantastic so it's going to attract quite a lot of people. Hopefully we'll have a good summer this year too, so we'll get the real 'festival' experience.

I say go for it... you won't regret it.. unless we get rain like last year.. that was the only thing that got to me last year...

Oh and don't worry about Kanye West headling.. if people are not booking tickets because of that when there is tons of other HUGE superstar dance music DJ's headling then more fool them. They've only got Kanye West on the case cos Jay Z is headling at Glastonbury, bit silly really but I guess they just want to keep up with the Jones' in that repect... hmmm definitely not gonna put me off.. Kanye's set will be for like 1 hour.. I'll be there all weekend... !! Whooopp!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah definatly fly to birmingham then get the train to stratford. train station is very close to the middle of the town and long marsden isnt much further out, its going to be wicked i cant wait and i live in stratford!!

I've been the last 2 years and heading again this year. Definitely fly into birmingham and get train down thats what we always do. I just pray it isn't as muddy as last year lol

Just ordered our tickets for Global yesterday - never been but really looking forward to it. We are flying down from Aberdeen and we planned to hire a car to take us to the festival then return it before our flight home. Thought it may be a good idea so that we can keep clean/dry clothes in the car for our flight home but hadnt thought of the train option. Is there a rail station at Birmingham airport and how far from the festival does it drop you off?

Also heard rumours you arent allowed to take alcohol into the campsite, is this true?:eek:

Thanks

Is there a rail station at Birmingham airport and how far from the festival does it drop you off?

There should be a shuttle from the airport to the burmingham station, then take train from the birmingham station to the stratford-upon-avon station. I believe you can see routes and time tables on nationalrail.co.uk

Once you get there, the promoters should have busses running to and from the festival.

I did this last year, and wasn't too tough, but make sure, when you're leaving to go back home, you tell the train people you're heading north, as there's a massive queue heading back down south toward london.

Your not meant to but last year we took loads of vodka and beer in without a problem.

Yeah we are going to try our luck with this too!! Robbing gits telling you that you cannot take your own booze!! Can not wait for Global. Ibiza on Friday then only 2 weeks to Global - what a messy messy July lol!!

I dont really like Kayne West but to be fair he did a good show at V last year......he didnt headline or anything was just on in one of the afternoons but still quite good.

I know V is a different kind of festival but still just worth mentioning.

Theres lots of ****ey rules about global this year including no crates of alcohol being sold in the campsite which means everyone has to que for a beer unlike previous years-there has been uproar on the global forum.

Theres lots of ****ey rules about global this year including no crates of alcohol being sold in the campsite which means everyone has to que for a beer unlike previous years-there has been uproar on the global forum.

Is that true? Or false internet rumours?

If it is, Global has really lost the plot. Im not going this year as I have to work, but Global has really let itself down.

2 years ago it was a great weekend. Last year it was nothing compared to what it was, the music wasn't loud enough in all the tents for a start and this year they have got Kanye West? Why?

Global is about dance music.

You need to buy crates of beers at festivals, what you supposed to drink at 4am when the shops are closed????

did anyone catch the youtube clips of the Global First Aid Tent last year ? :eek:
there was one with the Benny Hill music and sped up and i nearly wet myself :lol:

they were took off due to complaints invading privacy etc
probably right thing to do ...what a sight

Back