Global Gathering 2013

Regardless of where it got announced (maybe they'll be broadcasting some of it on 1Xtra hence why it was announced there), I'm there! Some awesome names on that lineup.

Regardless of where it got announced (maybe they'll be broadcasting some of it on 1Xtra hence why it was announced there), I'm there! Some awesome names on that lineup.

My point of things getting bad at GG had nothing to do with where it was announced, just the lineup in general. Pish poor.

Disagree with that. To me, some great names on that. 8 tents I could happily spend a chunk of the day in. Trance line up is strong.

Ok, it's no major change from last year, but it's still a good line up, to me.

In terms of headline acts...which is usually the selling point for these it's pretty poor. There's nothing what I'd consider a major dance act on there. I've seen Daft Punk, Orbital, Faithless there before.
To have a festival (voted for as the best UK festival last year) with no Tiesto, Van Buuren, Van Dyk, Above & Beyond, Vath, Hawtin, Carola, Luciano, Guetta, Morillo, The Swedes, Avicii, Lawler < Basically anyone who runs the big nights in Ibiza (Coxy the exception)
Other people such as Prydz, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Voorn, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Dubfire to name a few not there.

It's good to see some acts who you wouldn't usually see on such a big stage get a chance but to me its lacking somewhat.
Same as yourself i could happily spend either day in the trance tent and be content just think it's lacking overall.

Went to Global once, won't do it again. We queued for nearly 5 hours to get in, you can't take your own drink, they charged £2 for a can of beer/cider or £40 a crate. Also the volume at some of the stages was stupidly low. We were at the main stage for The Prodigy and had to fight our way to the front just for it to sound loud enough for a festival. Was disappointed.

Creamfields is by far the better option if you want an electronic music festival that covers all the bases.

Went to Global once, won't do it again. We queued for nearly 5 hours to get in, you can't take your own drink, they charged £2 for a can of beer/cider or £40 a crate. Also the volume at some of the stages was stupidly low. We were at the main stage for The Prodigy and had to fight our way to the front just for it to sound loud enough for a festival. Was disappointed.

Creamfields is by far the better option if you want an electronic music festival that covers all the bases.

Global 2009, I was there that year and it was a joke, to be honest. But the 2011 Global I went to was alot of fun.

I was at global last year spent my whole time in the global tent. Crowd in there got a bit gangish aswell, hoping it won't be like that this year but with jamie jones it probably will be. Carl cox tent should be decent though

crowd of my mates went last year, had a brilliant time, most of them are going again this eyar (but then they would have a good time out in their own gardens given a cd player & class a's:lol:

generally that festival isn't really for me / aimed at me, the djs/acts i like, well ive seen them all, and will be seeing them again this summer, but in better festival locations i'd say.

would agree, nothing really screaming out to me as big dance headliner / exclusive either...but as a catch all, one big dance event, it ticks the boxes and gives value for money as they have got a pretty solid roster over the days covering the different genres....

eastern electrics & parklife looking like the best 2 english dance festivals this summer, well fo my tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:
To have a festival (voted for as the best UK festival last year) with no Tiesto, Van Buuren, Van Dyk, Above & Beyond,

Personally, I think it's a great line up. And myself and Ben are already plotting a 'Transcend does Global' style trip. Really looking forward to it, as I'll almost certainly be giving Ibiza a miss in 2013.

I appreciate the point about the so-called big names that are missing. But, from a trance perspective at least, I'm not sure those guys are the 'be all and end all'. As much as I love Armin, I've seen him so many times of late. Above & Beyond, I think most serious trance fans are completely bored of. Van Dyk, great - but do we even see him at many UK festivals anymore? I think most trance fans would agree that Markus Schulz has pushed himself into that 'big gun' category and he's a big draw for GG. To me, it's the trance line up for real trance fans.

And alongside good names like Andy Moor, Heatbeat, Simon Patterson, Jordan Suckley etc., you've got some good innovations this year. Splitting the likes of Emery, W&W and Arty from the Aly & Filas and John O'Callaghans. And then there's Infected Mushroom, which is such a great idea. Can't wait to see them!! They alone make up for the utter crap that is on the main stage.

From a non-trance side, there's still people I would love to see. Coxy, Digweed, Yousef ... even Sander Van Doorn is tucked away there as a special guest.

I was there for 2009 and I remember how **** the queuing situation was. We went VIP and thankfully, avoided that. I hear it's been better in subsequent years. We will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went last year for the first time and can honestly say it was one of the best weekends i had had in a very very long time.

I wont lie, i aint got a scooby do about djs etc, all i know is i loved the experience of a 'festival' - the music was immense, the atmosphere was wicked and the weather was a right touch.

Yea the place is expensive, but then thats to be expensive, everywhere like that takes he p*ss with prices of food and drink coz they know us lot have not choice but to pay it.

WHERE ARE ABOVE AND BEYOND ON THAT LINE UP !!!!!!! FUMING !!!!

I was there for 2009 and I remember how **** the queuing situation was. We went VIP and thankfully, avoided that. I hear it's been better in subsequent years. We will see.

Was fine for us last year, they had probably learnt they need to do something after the 2009 situation. I was setting myself up for the worst so was pleasantly surprised. But when the weather is lush, the drinks are flowing and the excitement is there amongst everyone its never that bad queing :)

WHERE ARE ABOVE AND BEYOND ON THAT LINE UP !!!!!!! FUMING !!!!

Not really an issue for me. As much as I enjoyed myself at Cream Amnesia in the summer, I'm thoroughly sick of seeing them. I'm also sick of this never-ending milking of Group Therapy, which has gone from a nicely written, solid album release to a full on and interminable rebranding process.

In fairness, some people are really hacked off with Anjunabeats these days. I'm slightly more philosophical about it but I wouldn't rush to see many names on the Anjuna roster at the moment.

Global stage looks very good. Rest is just a few acts here and there I'd bother with, and an awful lot I'd go out of my way to avoid. Seems to be very 'mainstream' in terms of the headline acts.

£2 for a can of beer is expensive? From a licensed bar with humans working on it?

Back