Glitterbox @ HÏ 2023 - Reviews & Reports

Ibiza_Islander

Yet to see a Glitterbox 2023 review, so here goes!

[9/7/2023]

After an amazing Glitterbox in July 2022, I had high hopes for the camp, disco and all-around inclusivity Ibiza staple that the label had always delivered on.

Starting off with the lines to get in, I noticed that the 'guestlist' line, general entry line for pre-sale tickets and on the door tickets were all merged into one. Last year the guestlist line never had more than 10 people waiting at once, and with a name you were in. This time completely different. You are handed a black card before being sent to the back of the line-up for payments. It is interesting how much this changed from last year, in my opinion it is due to word spreading (primarily amongst British crowd) about getting €10-15 off tickets on the day, and thus people are holding back on buying tickets before they land in IBZ. These tickets also have last entry times, usually being 1am before full-price is enforced, thus lines were extra busy around 00:45.

After a relatively short wait, we got in. Very cool new setup with glass boxes around the DJ, of which there are 6 performers dancing in. Music great as per usual, Glitterbox is always consistent with its disco house bangers.

Immediately could tell the club was rammed just from entering via magic garden. Walking from main stage to Wild Corner was not easy, and after many apologies we made it to WC room that was unmovable. Real shame as this is the best room. I'm surprised people were even able to exit the stalls with the amount of people in there. I had never seen the secret garden so busy either, it seemed a third of the club were out there sitting down and chatting, perhaps getting a breather from the madness inside. Glitterbox (and Defected) have done a great job at marketing their brand, but in my opinion at their own expense. A young British crowd yes, a queer crowd not so much. €23 vodka mixer was another punch in the stomache, but remembering I was at Hï, I couldn't do much complaining.

Luckily the dancefloor started to empty slightly by 4, as Roger Sanchez brought out all the bangers. The night was immediately worth it, with the crowd loving every second. It just shows you once dancing is actually possible, your entire mentality just changes (& Roger Sanchez of course! Ha.)

Overall I would give the night a 6/10. I have heard numerous complaints about how packed Hï has been, even on Tuesday their least popular night. Hï will always attract a solid crowd looking for an experience, but the true dancers will definetely be going elsewhere.

Adios.

Great review.. We love Glitterbox ourselves, and we have been going since the Space terrace days and its always been a monster on peak summer nights.. Being from an LGBTQ+ background, l have felt its less queer over the past few years, as is the island in general l feel, but that's a different conversation. Still everyone is welcome l guess as is their inclusivity policy! Likes most clubs, once the tourist crowd clears out from 4ish, the real dancing can start, and with Roger S on the decks its just pure class every time. Roll on September

Back