Glitterbox @ HÏ 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Crowd surprising young - nothing like CW "retro" crowd and probably the most beautiful crowd ive seen anywhere. Despite being very busy, it was really good vibes in there, no aggro, no unnecessary pushing

Aside from the fact I heard Dennis Ferrer Hey Hey four or five times (!) it was a really fun night and actually, in the club room, Catz N Dogz played pretty underground

Duane Harden did an unannounced PA and although I didn't see it, Shapeshifters did his first live set to close The Theatre

I've not done many Glitterbox parties, but I've had a blast every time I've been

Last edited:
Crowd surprising young - nothing like CW "retro" crowd and probably the most beautiful crowd ive seen anywhere. Despite being very busy, it was really good vibes in there, no aggro, no unnecessary pushing

Every time I go to one of these type of parties, I am always surprised how young the crowd are. The young lads often love them as the there are lots of girls there too

Went on Sunday, loved it. Even the missus who needs a bit of encouragement for clubbing these days, really enjoyed it as well. Bit rammo in the main room, but not like sardines, we had a good little spot to the side. Jamie Carragher was dancing in a booth right next to us...seemed to be 'loving life!' Bob Sinclar was good, and came on at 2am which was a good time for the headliner I thought...was already packed by then. Saw a bit of Catz and dogs which was banging. Couldn't get in the wild corner as too busy.

Highly recommended if anyone is thinking of going.

Went on Sunday, loved it. Even the missus who needs a bit of encouragement for clubbing these days, really enjoyed it as well. Bit rammo in the main room, but not like sardines, we had a good little spot to the side. Jamie Carragher was dancing in a booth right next to us...seemed to be 'loving life!' Bob Sinclar was good, and came on at 2am which was a good time for the headliner I thought...was already packed by then. Saw a bit of Catz and dogs which was banging. Couldn't get in the wild corner as too busy.

Highly recommended if anyone is thinking of going.

Have heard some good things too from last week, and from some unlikely sources. I even know a couple that have gone from Solomun > Gliterbox converts (not talking about me yet).

Exactly what I thought too. Never been a big fan of Hi or the larger clubs, but the 29 May event was great fun and everyone was smiling, polite, friendly... Real mix of ages, from young looking dressed up English girls to older gay men. Very multinational too. No agro or egos whatsoever.

I LOVED the Wild Corner (lost all my friends and stayed at the front for Michelle Manetti for ages!) and Dan Shake was great in the Club Room. Never been that keen on the main room, even when it was Space, but Basement Jaxx were good fun and enjoyed themselves.

One observation we made though is that it was carnage outside in PDB as the Swedish House Mafia had just finished at Ushuaia. I reckon a lot of people thought sod it, lets go to Hi rather than queue for a taxi...hence Hi being so packed so early. The queue to get in was all the way down the street...might not have been so busy early doors without the SHM

One observation we made though is that it was carnage outside in PDB as the Swedish House Mafia had just finished at Ushuaia. I reckon a lot of people thought sod it, lets go to Hi rather than queue for a taxi...hence Hi being so packed so early. The queue to get in was all the way down the street...might not have been so busy early doors without the SHM

It's almost like someone had a vision to run the nightclub opposite the hotel and pre-midnight club they owned? ;)

Am curious, what do they play these days? Used to be a megafan but been years
Saw them a couple of times in recent years and „Where‘s your head at?“ and „Do your thing“ were definitely played each time. So, at least as far as I can tell, a lot of their classics, but I guess it fits in nicely with the Glitterbox vibe.

Other than that I must admit that my recollection of the specific music is rather fuzzy… 😉

I do remember one time at Pacha 2015/2016ish for Pure Pacha they played before Bob Sinclar and towards the end of their set they played this instrumental brass band version of Bohemian Rhapsody and the entire club sang along at the top of their lungs. Sounds horribly cheesy, I know, but the energy in that club at that moment and afterwards that night was pure joy!

Not so much of a review, but had a great time at Glitterbox last night. Got in there fairly early doors and it was a nice level of busy straightaway. Picked up as the night went on.

Found the club room more to my tastes, but flitted around most of the night. No dickheads as far as I could see. Maybe that means I was the dickhead…..

A poolside sleep day now following a 25 hour day yesterday

I’ve been to Glitterbox twice so far this year - 10th & 24th July. Both really good nights. 24th was a fair bit busier. A surprisingly younger crowd than usual both times I felt (does that just mean I’m getting old?!) but enjoyable regardless. Planning to head there this week again. Favourite nights so far!

I went glitterbox on the 24th July, both Bob Sinclair and Todd Terry absolutely smashed it in the theatre, could’ve been in there for hours if it didn’t close😂. It was pretty busy to start with but began to filter out a bit as it went on, giving people some room to dance. Back again a week Sunday!

Lots of their own stuff! I spent most of the night in the Club Room (for Dan Shake) or Wild Corner but when I did see Basement Jaxx, it was mostly their own tracks / remixes.

I would pay serious dough to hear them tease some live, mad, improvised Flylife into some filter heavy set, just one more time before I retire to the silverback circuit for good

Quick review form Glitterbox last night (21 August).

After Eric Prydz (will comment separately, but amazing) we went over to Glitterbox at Hï. My first time at Glitterbox since 2019! As many have said, Glitterbox fits Hï like a glove. They have absolutely nailed this night in my opinion. If anyone has any issue with Hï based on some of the crowds on other nights, it’s totally different for this night. I’d go as far as to say I’m not sure where else you can actually get a crowd as diverse as this on Ibiza. Almost sounds cheesy to write, but you got the groups of lads dancing with smiles chasing the girls, you got the boys chasing the boys, a few folks with their parents. Are the kids taking the parents or the parents taking the kids? Who cares, it works.

Jellybean Benitez played the first 2 hours in the Theatre. Absolutely nailed it. Playing the classics you’d expect, but always with a proper hard disco beat underneath. Unlike a lot of others this guys knows how to spin this type of music. I mean dropping “love is in the air” sounds awful on paper but worked! The energy was electric.

Went outside into the garden area - the one the far side of the Club Room. One of those occasions when you end up speaking to randoms for a few hours. It’s a brilliant chill out space and less people know about it.

Popped into the Wild Corner where Melon Bomb we’re going strong. Very busy as you’d expect.

Went back on for some of Basement Jaxx. Theatre was rammed so can’t give an in-depth review as it was quite late, but a few of the classics mixed in, and the energy electric again.

They have added some character to the Club Room for this night with some of the colour graffiti art stuff. Never spent much time there, but not that black soulless box it once was.

All in all amazing, and proud that I broke the Solomun every Sunday chain.

Back