Glastonbury

Robder

Who is mad enough to be going this year then?

ME! 8)

(tickets still on sale = due to mud for past three years and cr@p American headliner.)

I've never cared about headliners at past Glastos though because I'll inevitably be listening to something noodley on the jazz stage or doing tent tag around the dance area. 8)

Quite excited.

Saw there were plenty tickets left but for some reason never fancied Glastonbury.

Jay Z rumoured to be pulling out as he feels he is being singled out. According to Gordon Smart's Bizarre!!

Sincerely hope he does but tbh if they bring in Radiohead, Oasis or any other supposed "legend" I still won't be anywhere near the pyramid on the Saturday eve.

Who is Gordon Smart?

Sincerely hope he does but tbh if they bring in Radiohead, Oasis or any other supposed "legend" I still won't be anywhere near the pyramid on the Saturday eve.

Who is Gordon Smart?

I make you right. I'd find myself a little corner with some elbow room away from the 'rush' and crack on there. Don't understand why people stand at the front all day lying in wait for the main event!

The Sun's Bizarre Editor - Proper Helmet! Get's right up all the 'celebs' @rses! Worse than the NOTW's Rav!!

They still have tickets?!!

Oooh tempting.....I gave up on the idea after some of the line up was similar to V

Im there. first time in about 12 yrs. Very excited tbh.

like the good robder says, im not fussed at all about the main stages, there is more than enough going on elsewhere to keep me occupied.

see you in the yurt, rob.

I saw on your facebook that you were trying in the morning and was going to let you know when I got through...until I realised how piss easy it was!

So I guessed you'd be going! 8)

Now to decide where to camp! Thinking near the Jazz stage for us.

How does it work at Glastonbury, is it like the other festivals with all different campsites? I had a quick look on See Tickets and it brought up left field camping?

Naah - it's very chaotic...there are designated areas for camping but you can pitch up pretty much anywhere (as long as it's not in the middle of a field with a stage in it).

You're always in with all the action in other words. ;)

You have to be strategic in order to avoid the dance tent noises, loud drumming, screaming kids or (most annoyingly) drunk students. ;)

Naah - it's very chaotic...there are designated areas for camping but you can pitch up pretty much anywhere (as long as it's not in the middle of a field with a stage in it).

You're always in with all the action in other words. ;)

You have to be strategic in order to avoid the dance tent noises, loud drumming, screaming kids or (most annoyingly) drunk students. ;)

Ooh I see, sounds interesting!! I did really want to go as it would be something different to V & Reading....just not sure if I have the funds right now, maybe next year if it happens..........

Who is Gordon Smart?

Your prayers may be answered! Been anounced he is doing the O2 Wireless with Rosin Murphy, Mark Ronson, Hot Sh1t sorry Chip! However the Glastonburt organisers are still denying it.

Jay-Z to headline O2 Wireless festival

84_JayZ_L120606_01.jpg
Jay-Z will headline the O2 Wireless festival in Hyde Park in London on July 3.

According to the official O2 Wireless Festival website Mark Ronson, Hot Chip, Roisin Murphy and Hercules and Love Affair will also perform on the same day as the rapper.

The announcement follows organiser Michael Eavis' denial that Jay-Z was pulling out of Glastonbury after rumours circulated that he may withdraw.

Tickets go on sale on Wednesday (April 9) at 9am (BST). To check the availability of O2 Wireless tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/GIGS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

Morrissey (July 4), Fatboy Slim (5) and Counting Crows (6) will headline the festival's other days.

How does it work at Glastonbury, is it like the other festivals with all different campsites? I had a quick look on See Tickets and it brought up left field camping?

funnily enough, the year i went (pissing rain all thursday)
1 group went in
the other went in 30 mins later
emerged from the deluge on friday morning to see that the 2 tents were about 5 yards apart - without knowing what the other groups tents was :eek:

we were camped near the 2nd stage
woken at 9am with Marc & Lards "Shirehorses" doing an impromptu unannounced set :evil:

im going :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
get in!!!
i absolutely love this festival
tho this is the first time i dont know anyone else that has a ticket!!!! lol none of my usual glasto crew are going this time!
so it might be the first year i take the kids and have a different kind of fest!

Piss poor headliners this year,steer clear of them and you might enjoy yourself!....Anyone know who the "token legend,cabaret classic,or ironic icon is this year?...apart from J.Zeeeeeee of course$$$$

Yes of course,"my mind"quality songwriter back then [when] dunno about any recent shows, suspect he will be backed by top class dull US session musicians,maybe with comedy trumpet! However he did do a recent album with Rick Rubin,who produced the J.Cash American series,not to the same aclaim however!...R.R.nother big subject?

Back