Glastonbury 2013

first day back at work for me today and im still buzzing off the memories of a fantastic experiecn at our first glastonbury.

will definitely be back.

yeah we got lucky with the weather, but aside from that, just a fantastic place (bar people doing ****ing ballons all the time!)
so many highlights, but the rolling stones & bobby womack for me , two of the best live performances im ever likely to see i think.

loved block 9, and overall the dance areas/tents were really good, bar arcadia where the sound was pretty dire outwith the circle of torches...no point having arcadia looking amazing when the tunes pumping out sound like its being played off someone's mobile phone.

special mention to The Egg, my mate loves them and talked us into going on sunday night to see them in the rabbit hole (bar)..they were superb as well.

and kenny rogers...i had my doubts, but the old boy pulled off a great show and royally took the piss out the crowd at the same time....the gambler & islands in the streams twice!!..double goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:
first day back at work for me today and im still buzzing off the memories of a fantastic experiecn at our first glastonbury.

will definitely be back.

yeah we got lucky with the weather, but aside from that, just a fantastic place (bar people doing ****ing ballons all the time!)
so many highlights, but the rolling stones & bobby womack for me , two of the best live performances im ever likely to see i think.

loved block 9, and overall the dance areas/tents were really good, bar arcadia where the sound was pretty dire outwith the circle of torches...no point having arcadia looking amazing when the tunes pumping out sound like its being played off someone's mobile phone.

special mention to The Egg, my mate loves them and talked us into going on sunday night to see them in the rabbit hole (bar)..they were superb as well.

and kenny rogers...i had my doubts, but the old boy pulled off a great show and royally took the piss out the crowd at the same time....the gambler & islands in the streams twice!!..double goodness.

Glad you enjoyed! Jealous of Bobby Womack...cursing self from here to Timbuktu for missing his gig. :(

Glad you enjoyed! Jealous of Bobby Womack...cursing self from here to Timbuktu for missing his gig. :(
Bobby womack was superb, I love soul music , and to me it was just a sheer masterclass, his first set (the bravest man in the world stuff, with albarn on piano was great as well) but when he came out with the full on soul band...amazing, his band were immense & the female singers he had (one of which im sure he introduced as being Sam Cooke granddaughter as they sang change is gonna come )...unreal., total shivers on the vocal delivery!

Think main thing I learned about Glastonbury , always going to be loads of stuff I miss, and be slightly pissed off about it, but just need to keep telling myself what I did manage to see was enough !!!

Never managed to fit in the Downlow (shameful really I never managed to go, was always a huge q and other distractions!

My cousins found the secret underground piano bar, told me where it was, but still didn't drag myself over to visit,
snake pit, again , too distracted
Crows nest
Heaven

Band / music wise:
Charles Bradley at la pussy parlure
Alabama shakes on the others
The xx on the others

And despite all those omissions what a ****ing time I had of it!!!:)
Incredible place

Never managed to fit in the Downlow

This really is 90% of the reason I bother with the festival.

It's a wonderful place to be because of the sheer scale but the truth is, it's overrun with rich Hollyoaks kids and the anarchic spirit of the 90s has gone (despite Billy Bragg's Leftfield bit). Partly a sign of the times but mostly due to £££ ticket prices and Eavis falling out with the travellers (justified reasons and not his fault at all).

The Downlow is a microfestival of its own for me - attracting the same regulars and characters you just don't find elsewhere.

It's hands down my favourite club in the world - without any kind of hesitation.

This really is 90% of the reason I bother with the festival.

It's a wonderful place to be because of the sheer scale but the truth is, it's overrun with rich Hollyoaks kids and the anarchic spirit of the 90s has gone (despite Billy Bragg's Leftfield bit). Partly a sign of the times but mostly due to £££ ticket prices and Eavis falling out with the travellers (justified reasons and not his fault at all).

The Downlow is a microfestival of its own for me - attracting the same regulars and characters you just don't find elsewhere.

It's hands down my favourite club in the world - without any kind of hesitation.

your not making me feel any better about me missing out on visiting it this year:)lol

next time i will definitely be inside...(went to most of the other venues /clubs, just kept saving the downlow to give myself proper time to experience it...then ran out!

your not making me feel any better about me missing out on visiting it this year:)lol

next time i will definitely be inside...(went to most of the other venues /clubs, just kept saving the downlow to give myself proper time to experience it...then ran out!

You can go at Lovebox...but it's not really the same tbh (still worth it though!)

And yes - needs a whole eve really.

Argh - Glasto is too berluddy big eh?

You can go at Lovebox...but it's not really the same tbh (still worth it though!)

And yes - needs a whole eve really.

Argh - Glasto is too berluddy big eh?

we did talk about coming down for lovebox...with ALFOS being on, and also dj harvey curating, but will have to be another time.

my plan is to spend a good evening in the downlow next time im at glastonbury, saw a good chunk of the stuff i wanted too this year on my 1st visit, but downlow escaped me, but unless they totally revamp a lot of the other areas for next year (and having now got my bearings about the site), it will give me more time to devote to a night of pure disco!..

also the people i was with this time at glastonbury, the downlow / disco wasn't really their scene...i did have one of the horse meat disco albums playing on way down to glastonbury, but wasn't getting too good a reception in the car:)lol

we did talk about coming down for lovebox...with ALFOS being on, and also dj harvey curating, but will have to be another time.

my plan is to spend a good evening in the downlow next time im at glastonbury, saw a good chunk of the stuff i wanted too this year on my 1st visit, but downlow escaped me, but unless they totally revamp a lot of the other areas for next year (and having now got my bearings about the site), it will give me more time to devote to a night of pure disco!..

also the people i was with this time at glastonbury, the downlow / disco wasn't really their scene...i did have one of the horse meat disco albums playing on way down to glastonbury, but wasn't getting too good a reception in the car:)lol

Hardly heard any disco in there this year - most of it was vintage acid and early house.

Hardly heard any disco in there this year - most of it was vintage acid and early house.

yeah the dj lineups for in there i did find strange re: lack of disco....., i thought the guys from horse meat would be on a lot more (be in charge for the full night), when i saw the set times, it was essentially the 3 dj slots they had over the nights that i had looked to try and make, but alas, didnt happen.

im sure horse meat disco is on in glasgow next month...will try and get along.

I was in there on Saturday night, Saw the last little bit of Kerri Chandler and then a good chunk of Gideon...what a set! I really need to find a recording somewhere hopefully they will put it up on the site...couldn't get over how good the sound was in there.

I was in there on Saturday night, Saw the last little bit of Kerri Chandler and then a good chunk of Gideon...what a set! I really need to find a recording somewhere hopefully they will put it up on the site...couldn't get over how good the sound was in there.

They'll put them up for sure.

The Horsemeat boys all play acid and vintage house too - just not at horsemeat.

Back