Stevie Wonder
Femi Kuti
The Orb
The Egg
Pet Shop Boys
N-Dubz (ha ha!)
Aeroplane
...AND ORBITAL ON THE OTHER STAGE!!!

Not to mention all the DIY stages/trash city/arcadia. 8)

I'm pleased to say this is the best Glasto lineup since the 90s (anyone want to challenge me on this? Thought not.)

Looking forward to a few 88 Traxx moments with Felix Dickinson in the Downlow too.

PLEASE DON'T RAIN etc.

Blimmin hell:

George Clinton/Funkadelic
Stevie Wonder
Femi Kuti
The Orb
The Egg
Pet Shop Boys
N-Dubz (ha ha!)
Aeroplane
...AND ORBITAL ON THE OTHER STAGE!!!

Not to mention all the DIY stages/trash city/arcadia. 8)

I'm pleased to say this is the best Glasto lineup since the 90s (anyone want to challenge me on this? Thought not.)

Looking forward to a few 88 Traxx moments with Felix Dickinson in the Downlow too.

PLEASE DON'T RAIN etc.

will there be anywhere to watch the world cup?? :lol:

not 100% sure of glasto datyes so aware that the joke might backfire!

Football is on Pyramid stage on the Wednesday, should be good. Stevie Wonder Sunday afternoon sun has the makings of being epic. Cannot wait.

Olly - you won't get a ticket mate, they have your photo on.

I'm going to my first Glastonbury this year. Can't wait.
I haven't singled out too many people I want to see. U2 is going to be worth checking, as it may be legendary. Andy Williams on the Sunday for a bit of a Moon River singalong !
Rodrigo Y Gabriela and The Gaslight Anthem are also on my list to see.

the beauty of a festie that size is that is perfectly possible to avoid the naffness on the main stage and be utterly oblivious to it.

(I would rather take cyanide than watch u2)

U2 has to be the worst booking ever, second to Muse.

I don't think ANYONE actually likes U2 do they ?!

Have you seen U2 live at Slane Castle?! One of the craziest gigs i've ever seen.
Love or hate U2, I think their Glasto performance has the potential to be absolutely legendary, as long as they play a classics-filled set. The new material is crap.

Slash also added to the line up. And Ray Davies from the Kinks. Excellent.

watch the crowd on Where The Streets Have No Name from Slane Castle (it's on youtube) and tell me that isn't a good gig.
Been 22 years since I saw them last. They were an amazing live band at the time.

Bono will always have my respect as a performer after he slipped on the rain-dampened stage and dislocated his shoulder, but continued through the concert. We only knew he was hurt when he came out with a sling for the encore.

yeah, they're like so crazyyyy man

How fookin old are you :confused: :rolleyes:

Been 22 years since I saw them last. They were an amazing live band at the time.

Bono will always have my respect as a performer after he slipped on the rain-dampened stage and dislocated his shoulder, but continued through the concert. We only knew he was hurt when he came out with a sling for the encore.

I've seen them twice at the Nou camp the last 4 years, and they were fantastic. Like Stu said the modern stuff isnt great, but when they belt out one of the classics its amazing.

main.jpg

I'll be going to see them at Glastonbury for the simple reason that Edge is one of the greatest and most distinctive guitarists of my generation - and he's one i've still yet to see.

I'll be going to see them at Glastonbury for the simple reason that Edge is one of the greatest and most distinctive guitarists of my generation - and he's one i've still yet to see.

When he played the intro to 'one', it was one of those goose pimple moments :lol: :oops: It was also his birthday so to hear 95000 people sing him happy birthday was cool 8)

Back