Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I haven't heard anything about this variant here in France 😳

Astrazeneca is particularly rubbish against SA variant and a massive load of vulnerable Brits got shot up with it. We are therefore disproportionately vulnerable to the SA strain. That's why UK is so sensitive about it - it's basically the result of our vaccine choices (or rather lack of vaccine choices !) .

there’s enough walk in clinics now to ensure you could be double jabbed by summer even if your nhs/doctors appointment is meant to be later on
I went to a said walk in centre (no appointment needed although you can book them, i didn’t) on Friday and had my second jab. Was in and out in 15min. Would highly recommend when they’re available near you!

BBC news correspondant has been reporting (I think live) from what appears to be the nothern point of the PDB beach, could be wrong though - if anyone saw it please put me out of my misery!

*Applies for job of being BBC correspondant*

BBC news correspondant has been reporting (I think live) from what appears to be the nothern point of the PDB beach, could be wrong though - if anyone saw it please put me out of my misery!

*Applies for job of being BBC correspondant*
There’s a guy reporting from San An Bay now? He’s in front of the Reggae Bar on Cala Pinet.

Is there definitive site with all the info in (in English?) For things like entrance and exit criteria, where to get tests, what happens if test positive etc. (For ibiza).

Just on fb group I run, lots of people asking for this info and it's all a bit piecemeal. Would be good for it to be all together. 👌
The Balearic Islands Tourism website has pretty specific information in English: http://safetourism.illesbalears.travel/en

Tried to look for information about this on the spanish website where you fill in the health declaration form, but couldnt really find and answer...does anybody know what rules apply if you go from a green country to Spain but has a transit in a "risk area" specified on their list?

Tried to look for information about this on the spanish website where you fill in the health declaration form, but couldnt really find and answer...does anybody know what rules apply if you go from a green country to Spain but has a transit in a "risk area" specified on their list?
This may be of use to you?

This may be of use to you?
Yea, already found similar information (we´re transiting in Schiphol). The transit in itself wont be a problem, more wondering if Spain then consider us travelling from a "risk region" (as they classify NL), although our journey originated in Stockholm (green). But big thanks anyway :)

Okay, this is a real life situation. It’s in the interest of fair discussion. Believe me, I’m missing Ibiza! But…..
My eldest daughters boyfriend is currently held up in a £90 a night Covid hotel in Majorca.
It was a last minute decision to go last weekend with his mate who had recently split from his bird.
He tested positive (at the Airport I think?) pre flight home, but the other two lads didn’t. Might sound exciting to some, but he can’t leave the room unless absolutely necessary. He has had further tests which are still positive.
Financially he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, his mum has now had to bail him out. He will have to pay for a new flight in addition to the hotel.
Doubtful he had insurance (clever lad but zero common sense).
He has to isolate when he finally arrives home.

Folks, if you’re going to take the risk, make sure you can deal with any problems.

Last edited:
Okay, this is a real life situation. It’s in the interest of fair discussion. Believe me, I’m missing Ibiza! But…..
My eldest daughters boyfriend is currently held up in a £90 a night Covid hotel in Majorca.
It was a last minute decision to go last weekend with his mate who had recently split from his bird.
He tested positive (at the Airport I think?) pre flight home, but the other two lads didn’t. Might sound exciting to some, but he can’t leave the room unless absolutely necessary. He has had further tests which are still positive.
Financially he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, his mum has now had to bail him out. He will have to pay for a new flight.

Folks, if you’re going to take the risk, make sure you can deal with any problems.
Younguns lack common sense full stop, im sure of it...

That situation is exactly what i cant afford to happen nor want to be in. Poor sod being only one out of 3

Financially he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, his mum has now had to bail him out. He will have to pay for a new flight in addition to the hotel.

That's the sort of thing you should get insured against but AFAIK insurance companies don't want to know. If anyone does use an insurance firm that DOES cover you for exactly this I'd like to know...on the flip side I don't want to be stuck in a hotel room for days on end, even with a balcony.

I think that’s simply the risk you take traveling these days. Getting to Ibiza can be all fine and dandy but you always run the risk of a positive test before flying home.

I have known people who have quarantined not in the government hotel and then got a neg test on day 3 or 4 then flown home that day.

That's the sort of thing you should get insured against but AFAIK insurance companies don't want to know. If anyone does use an insurance firm that DOES cover you for exactly this I'd like to know...on the flip side I don't want to be stuck in a hotel room for days on end, even with a balcony.
looked at most insurance comps not found one that will cover you.

we just added ‘covid ins’ to our holiday through jet2 yday. £15 pp seems worth it

we just added ‘covid ins’ to our holiday through jet2 yday. £15 pp seems worth it
What does it cover you for though? Would be surprised if it’ll pay for your quarantine accommodation if you’re +ve on your pre departure test

Back