Getting fit

freakstar

This week I have for perhaps the first time in recent memory made an effort to improve my health and get fit:

Sat: in a como all day, watch come dine with me celebrity special and then trainspotting. Get a takeaway pizza. Then watched Aberdeen game v Celtic - had a pint to celebrate coming from behind 3 times. Good times. 25 cigs

Sunday: Work. Still recovering from weekend. Had a pot noddle equivalent for dinner. zero cigs. check weight, 91k.

Mon: Stoped and had a fruit salad in the morning on way to work. Had a salad for lunch. came home and cooked a chicken with mushrooms, peppers, leeks, vine tomotoes and tatties. Did 2.5K on the the tredmill with 3-5 inclines. zero cigs

Tues: Stopped and had a fruit salad in the morning on way to work. Had a salad for lunch. came home and had the second portion of my chicken. Did 2.5K on tredmill with 5-7 inclines. zero cigs

Wed: Stopped and had a fruit salad in the morning on way to work. Had a salad for lunch. came home and cooked shepherds surprise (mince, peppers, onions, leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms, sliced potatoes on top and baked). Did 2.75K on tredmill with 9 speed and 9 inclines. zero cigs

Thurs: Stopped and had a fruit salad in the morning on way to work. no lunch as had to go to British Embassy to sort out an incident. Went to mall to buy a tie to match my kilt for tomorrow. Got home, check weight, 93K.... cracked open a bottle of Oyster Bay, pringles and had pack of malbourgh lights.

Question: Given my healthy lifestyle (bearing in mind this is the first time I have cooked for about 3 years - infact been in my place for 1.5 years and this week was first time I put on oven) over the past week (no macadees or fast food whatsoever), why has my weight increased?

I bloody well give up:spank:

yes, when I returned from work and without being too personal, I had been regular in both occasions

Last edited by a moderator:
what you lost in fat you gained in muscle?

i am going through a health regime... having breakfast & lunch (decent), but no dinner.

the weight is falling off. 8)

what you lost in fat you gained in muscle?

i am going through a health regime... having breakfast & lunch (decent), but no dinner.

the weight is falling off. 8)

Right, I will start trying that from Saturday - I'll report this time next week. I cant imagine I have gained much muscle although my legs are killing me.

If you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight.

Simple as that.

It may be that your salads aren't as healthy as you think? Dressing etc?

It also may be better for you to go for a walk for an hour than doing 2.5k on the treadmill, which although you got to start somewhere, won't really have a major impact on the calories you've burned.

It's also really early for you to see a big difference IMo. Give it another two weeks, gradually building up your running and I reckon you'll see a major difference.

Portion size important too.

i used to eat till i felt like bursting.

now after cutting down to eating just enough to feel full and satisfied, ive gone from a peak of 13st, down to 11st 12ish.

My alcohol intake is minimal - one junk food fest per month, and cooking food that i know to be healthy(ish)...

now after cutting down to eating just enough to feel full and satisfied, ive gone from a peak of 13st, down to 11st 12ish.

My alcohol intake is minimal - one junk food fest per month, and cooking food that i know to be healthy(ish)...

That is the thing - I hardly eat anything. Whenever out for a meal or what not people comment how little I have eaten. it is bizarre.

If you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight.

Simple as that.

It may be that your salads aren't as healthy as you think? Dressing etc?

It also may be better for you to go for a walk for an hour than doing 2.5k on the treadmill, which although you got to start somewhere, won't really have a major impact on the calories you've burned.

It's also really early for you to see a big difference IMo. Give it another two weeks, gradually building up your running and I reckon you'll see a major difference.

Yep, I have been going to subway (it is at gas station) for salad but I only take olive oil as a dressing. But I have a big weekend of partying so probably back to behind square one?

Never track progress until at least three months in.

Try Astanga yoga three times a week. The discipline of the class and high level adjustments you get beat any personal trainer in a gym...plus you destress and detoxify at the same time.

Weight literally falls off with a regular practice.

I aspire to this. Tipped at 12 12 last night, loosing a stone would make such a differnce to
my Cruyff turn. Get enough exercise, 5aside and weights 2 x per week, cricket nets on Friday and mountain biking every other week in the summer.

But I love me food. I have a list if all the places I have eaten and the ines I want to go to. Had a pizza after a pint last night.

Need to develop self discipline...

Interval training rather than staying at the same pace shocks your body into burning more calories ( so a personal trainer at the gym told me)

Interval training rather than staying at the same pace shocks your body into burning more calories ( so a personal trainer at the gym told me)

+1 its all about pushing your metabolism so then you carry on burning calories at a higher rate once you have left the gym. Lifting some weights helps raising your metabolic rate too!

Its normal to put on weight when you start a new fitness regime.

When your body notices a sudden increase in exercise or activity from the normal routine it will start to store more fat for its perceived use in the future.

To loose weight you first of all have to burn off the bodies supply of fat reserves.

As somebody has already stated its a simple equation.....burn calories- loose weight.

Cut down on your calorie intake and your body will burn off more fat to compensate for lack of calorie intake.

You wont notice any weight loss for about a month. Also cut your carbs and increase your protein intake.

If you want to lose weight try this http://www.stronglifts.com

This is what I'm doing at the min. Trying to lose fat and build a bit of tone, then i'm going to try and pack the weight on.

It's quite intense but the rewards I'm reaping are phenomenal.

Back