German Goalkeeper

Really???

hmmmm - she doesnt go to the toilet a lot at work - maybe she hasnt got depression after all :lol::lol::lol:

all i'll say it seems harder to go since i took it many moons ago.

It could well be anxiety creeping in, something akin to stage fright, esp if i'm entering a situation outside my comfort zone.

Sorry, I may be lost in translation, do you mean that most youn males death are suicides? Do you mean in the UK?

hi sil, yes most deaths of young males are due to suicide. it's like that in the uk, but look at this from the WHO (OMS), it says it's the 2nd most common form of death for 10-24 years old.

As that is probably a world outlook, which considers factors less likely to occur in the UK (disease/famine), then it makes sense that suicide would be the most common in the UK.

pretty grim.

hi sil, yes most deaths of young males are due to suicide. it's like that in the uk, but look at this from the WHO (OMS), it says it's the 2nd most common form of death for 10-24 years old.

As that is probably a world outlook, which considers factors less likely to occur in the UK (disease/famine), then it makes sense that suicide would be the most common in the UK.

pretty grim.

I thought it was traffic accidents. Anyway, in both cases is tragic :confused:

I've had it almost 10 years and am only coming out of it and I know exactly how that guy felt and I would certainly do the same. Change you vision to black and white, cut your tongue out, cut off your ears and think about a gravestone with your name on it. When done then vision someone killing your loved ones. That's my metaphor of it. Oh and your not allowed to switch it off or enjoy anything.

John:

Is your difficulty in understand the situation possibly due to you growing up in a "suck it up and deal with it" environment AKA "man up" environment? Just thinking out loud as I was raised in that environment. I personally think that there might be some legitimate reasons (divorce, loss of employment, death of a loved one, etc.) for short term depression, most of the cases that I have come across in SoCal are simply excuses. Your child is too excited, give 'em drugs, too mellow, give 'em drugs. Heck now we are giving drugs to dogs for separation anxiety, WTF!!! I somethimes wonder when people raise their eyebrows when a pregnant woman might have a glass of wine a month during pregnancy. I am no doctor but will 9-10 drinks mess up a child more or popping pills for the past 10-15 years? Just my $0.02.

Its not an externally influenced state of mind. All external treasures and status , International Goalkeeper, successful banker or whatever are null and void. Depression switches of all of your aesthetic taste buds rendering any chance of gleaning fulfilment from them almost non-existent. That can be THE most frustrating thing because you still hold the same popular beliefs about depression as everyone around you. You have x y and z so you should be happy.

When you say "I feel a bit depressed today" and if you use the term that meant the illness then you may as well say "I feel a bit cancerous today".:eek:

You wouldn't say "Cheer up squire your have got a great wife and career" to someone just diagnosed with terminal cancer.:( Totally different illnesses yet both would bring about a mind set of hopelessness and a desire to just be free from it.

Depression is caused by thinking errors and neurological thought loops that have developed from your childhood in relation to how you see yourself and the world.

Also this guy already suffered the loss of his little girl and would have been trapped in what is known as a causal chain. Some sums in his head would have led to the conclusion that he may and probably will lose another child and that would have been enough to draw him to the only way from the pain and fear is to get in first and take his own life.

Also regressed anger is another component of depression.

Example.If you get a clump on the arm when you are say 3 years of age. Everyone laughs, mum and dad call you names and its basically a horrid experience, every time you get a knock on the arm as an adult you will regress back to your childhood and respond with the same resources as a three year old which is usually to go completely mad and end up seriously harming someone. Not the greatest of examples but you get my drift.

Some shrinks reckon that old stuff from years gone by resides forever unless dealt with and if not dealt with the only way to get away from it is to numb out (stay depressed). Doctors are only to happy to dish out the pills because of the commission they get from the pharmaceutical companies. Cause and effect. The pills deal with the effect and NOT the cause:twisted:

How many times has someone pissed you off and you respond with justified anger and set the record straight. I bet afterwards you were not stewing.

Its only when we don't, we say to ourselves "should have done this and should have done that etc etc " and we boil with it.

When your a kid you haven't got that ability to evaluate and respond and as such you take **** on board that inst yours and if not dealt with it will play itself out in your adult hood, violence, depression or whatever.

Any way.. that's enough from me...I'm off give it some in the gym then get on it...enjoy the weekend.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back