Gay nights

GaryH

Hey guys -- I've heard Ibiza is oh-so gay. Are there specific gay clubs? Or are there just gay nights? Or -- better yet -- is everything mixed?

Anfora is gay but horribly cheesy and it could be any city anywhere. Kinda nice setting though.

Just go to any of the parties at the large clubs as they are mixed. Ibiza is that kind of place!! No need to fear no matter how camp you are.

All clubs and bars ive been to (esp Pacha, Space, Amnesia) are extremely gay-friendly. No Worries

Apparently the Sunday night at Amnesia is too

The other room from the Espuma foam party is called Gorgeous and is a gay night

La Troya Wednesday at Amnesia is gay. I was there two weeks ago and had a brilliant night. Go to Calle de Virgin to the bars beforehand and sit outside until the promoters pass by. You should be able to get a free entry wrist band from them. That will also get you into the Space after party which was pretty good too.

Anfora is the only official gay club but as mentioned above is a bit cheesey. They did an Underwear Competition the night we were there which one of my mates (who is straight) finishd second in and got Eur 200 for his troubles!!!

Me, my GF and friends love the Dome Bar in Ibiza town as we consider it the best bar.

It is very gay, but sufficiently mixed to feel comfortable.

I've never felt uneasy but probably would do without the missus.

Having said that it can be a little pretentious and people are more bothered about being seen than giving you the eye.

LOL, I did get a little worried once when i had to squeeze past a group of 'clones' on the way out :oops:

Wicked bar - stunning location, great vibe and perfect for people watching.

(very pricey though :confused: - just a warning ;) )

Must try the Dome this year, have meant to do so previous years, but time escapes you so quickly.

To digress slightly, a few months back, had a brilliant night in a predominantly gay venue "Orange" in London, Sunday-Monday morning. The guys I was with left me about 8am, and I didn't feel at all uncomfrtable.

Ibiza old town has plenty of gay bars and shops along Calle de la Virgen, pick up a copy of Ibigay news, has lots of info on clubs, beaches, shops etc

WeLuvIbiza said:
Must try the Dome this year, have meant to do so previous years, but time escapes you so quickly.

You really should do, its excellent ;)

Last year I found bars such as Base etc to be a little 'touristy' :!:

good heavens drew, don't you expect to find touristy bars on an island whose main economy is tourism?

i don't for one minute think that the dome's clientelle work by day in the planning department of ibiza town council.

if you don't want touristy bars i have a few favourites i could share with you ( they're all in sheffield btw)

hi Gary, Baby Trade on a Thursday night is a gay night, and generally has some of the best Trade djs playing too. Althoough At Manumission there is a Trade room which has a real harmonious mix. :D

stephen said:
good heavens drew, don't you expect to find touristy bars on an island whose main economy is tourism?

i don't for one minute think that the dome's clientelle work by day in the planning department of ibiza town council.

if you don't want touristy bars i have a few favourites i could share with you ( they're all in sheffield btw)

You've read this in the wrong context Stephen - perhaps the word 'touristy' was a poor choice.

Base last year seemed full of people just sat looking very bored, no atmosphere at all. What i meant by 'touristy' is that it looked like people were there just cos that as the 'in' place. I much preferred Base about 3 years ago. The owners and workers seemed a lot more friendly then, now its so busy its lost that 'individuality' (IMO)

At Dome the atmosphere was far better, much more of a free atmosphere and hence people let themselves go. And, it just seems to get better the later it gets!

Oh, and Stephen, i dont entirely agree with your 'tourism' comments. Ibiza town also has a locals/workers scene. And when i say workers, i dont just mean tourism workers.

:rolleyes:

i know. i work in the via punica!

the milan rocks.... is that what they say?

but then drew, why can't you extend your philosophy to san antonio, or santa eulalia, or san juan etc which all have locals/workers scenes which have little to do with the 'tourist' scene...................???????

Oh course i can extend this to other parts of Ibiza - how does this affect my point of the worker population ?

Didnt go to any gay club nights, but sunday at Space has a pretty mixed gay/straight crowd also Pure Pacha too friday.
You must check out the Dome bar in Ibiza town really chilled gay bar great atmosphere.

I am gay also.. and everybody was saying that Ibiza is so gay.. but actually the power of Ibiza is that the whole island is open-minded. In the big clubs and in Ibiza-town it doesn't matter who you are and with who you are kissing, as long as you are partying!

Calle de Virgen is THE gaystreet of Ibiza, nice to start the evening! Dome is mixed, but also with a lot of gays. Special parties are not so much as you may think.. they are already told in this thread (Troya, Trade (if they are still there), Fxxx and a few others)

I have been twice in Anfora, but didn't like it really.

Ibiza is mixed, end of story! Most of the clubs have a mixed crowd, well out of San Antonio anyway.

As for bars, I would say the bars in Ibiza Town are far more mixed than anywhere else, you'll find in San An its a lot more straight.

Back