Gatecrasher_2009, Saturday 31st January, O2 Academy, Sheffield

crasherevents

DiscountImage2.jpg

GATECRASHER_2009
SATURDAY 31ST JANUARY
O2 ACADEMY, SHEFFIELD

JOIN US FOR THE FIRST OF GATECRASHER’S 2009 EVENTS BACK IN THEIR SPIRITUAL HOME OF SHEFFIELD

MAIN ROOM:
SANDER VAN DOORN
MARCO V
JOHN O’CALLAGHAN
ALEX M.O.R.P.H & WOODY VAN EYDEN
JON O’BIR

ROOM 2 HOSTED BY ELECTRIK PLAYGROUND
RILEY & DURRANT
ADAM SHERIDAN
JAMES DUTTON
TIM WEEKS

VIP ARENA HOSTED BY HANG THE DJ
DJS FROM SHEFFIELD & BEYOND PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF MUSIC AS WE KNOW IT TO BRING YOU AN INTERACTIVE SHOWCASE OF THE FINEST ELECTRO, NEW WAVE, GLITCH, ELECTRO CLASH. HOUSE, TECHNO, PUNK, POP, BREAKS & MORE…

TICKETS & INFO

10PM – 6AM

STANDARD £15 + BF
VIP £20 + BF

(VIP TICKET HODKERS WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY QUEUING & ACCESS TO THE VIP ARENA HOSTED BY HANG THE DJ)

******************************************** TICKET OFFER ********************************************

GET £5 OFF YOUR TICKET!!

SIMPLY ENTER ‘CR4SH3R1’ ONLINE AT WWW.GATECRASHER.COM/TICKETS
OFFER ENDS JANUARY 10TH 2009

**********************************************************************************************************

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT WWW.GATECRASHER.COM/TICKETS OR BY CALLING 08704 282 726

O2 ACADEMY, SHEFFIELD
37-43 ARUNDEL GATE
SHEFFIELD
S1 2PN

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
Gatecrasher_2009 Competitions - Win Tickets, Cds, T-Shirts & More

COMPETITION ONE!!!

Win 2 x Tickets for Gatecrasher_2009. And when you’ve partied hard, enjoy free accommodation at Sheffield’s Premier Inn courtesy of Gatecrasher.

Click Here for full competition and entry details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/january2009/competitions/gc2009

Click Here for full event details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/january2009

Good Luck

COMPETITION TWO!!!

Jon O’Bir ‘From Within’ Out Now

Described by Mixmag as ‘this is how trance was meant to be: beautiful bosh that takes you to another place’, Jon O’Bir’s debut album is out to buy now and one that you definitely don’t want to miss

Win a Jon O’Bir ‘From Within’ goody bag

Prize includes a signed copy of Jon’s debut album, as well as a ‘From Within’ T-Shirt and stickers and postcards

Click here for full competition info and entry details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/january2009/competitions/jonobir

www.jonobir.com
www.freshdjs.co.uk
www.vandit.com

Good Luck!!!

**********************************************************​
[/FONT]

Gatecrasher Catch up with Sander Va Doorn

image-2.jpg

GC: Hi Sander How are you?
SVD: I am very well.

GC: What have you been upto recently?
SVD: I´ve been really busy in the studio finishing a lot of new productions ready for the coming year and doing a few radio mixes for the weeks to come.

GC: You have recently remixed for Robbie Williams how did that come about?
SVD: I came about one of the album tracks of Robbie´s last album called `We´re the Pet Shop Boys` which I really liked, especially a particular vocal part in it that I felt I could do a new mix on, so I started working on that mix and when the track was finished I got in contact with Robbie´s management. They loved the mix as did Robbie himself so one thing let to the other and it actually turned out to become a versus project.

GC: You have had many hit records which have been received well from all the top DJs. Can you tell us the creative process for making tracks?
SVD: I always just start with a blank screen and make little parts of rhythm and add sounds to it until I feel I´ve got enough to work with and then build a track.

GC: It’s been a while since you graced us with your presence behind the Gatecrasher decks. What can the Gatecrasher crowd expect from you?
SVD: I´ve got a lot of new stuff which I´m looking forward to road testing. Besides that I´ve got a few new edits and mixes so plenty of stuff to play out.

GC: Have you always wanted to be a DJ?
SVD: Actually my dream originally was to become a producer, but since I´ve got used to the travelling I wouldn´t trade the dj-ing for anything in the world.

GC: What / Who are your main influences?
SVD: Marco V has always been a big influence as well as Moby. I also get a lot of inspiration from Eric Prydz, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso.

GC: If you weren’t a DJ,what would you be?
SVD: I would probably still be working for my brother buying aluminium products.

GC: What are you top 5 tracks at the moment?
SVD: 1. Simon Patterson – Thump
2. Joni Ljungqvist - Don't Fall On Purpose
3. Thomas_Bronzwaer_-_Certitude
4. Laidback Luke - _Shake It Down_Original Mix
5. Thomas Sagstad & Tyler Michaud - Renegades (Mat Zo Remix)

GC: What would be your perfect gig?
SVD: A big venue with a good soundsystem, a low dj booth and of course a great crowd.

GC: Did you make any New Years resolutions this year?
SVD: My only resolution was to quit smoking but that didn´t really work out.

Back