Garden Festival - Croatia

Oh yeah I didn't find Exit hard work at all... maybe if we were camping (heard that was hell!) but we thankfully got a decent hotel so we were able to get a proper sleep after the festival. I just meant that by the 3rd / 4th day I felt it was a bit like "here we go again, the same old walk over the bridge!"
It would be nice to break it up a bit, if the days worked out better I'd do a couple of days at Garden and a couple at Exit.

Oh yeah I didn't find Exit hard work at all... maybe if we were camping (heard that was hell!) but we thankfully got a decent hotel so we were able to get a proper sleep after the festival. I just meant that by the 3rd / 4th day I felt it was a bit like "here we go again, the same old walk over the bridge!"
It would be nice to break it up a bit, if the days worked out better I'd do a couple of days at Garden and a couple at Exit.

Even camping the first year wasnt that bad. It was hell but its made me who I am today ;)

Well tbh its no real difference to some of the trips to Ibiza where I have just spent a weekend in Space!

Even camping the first year wasnt that bad. It was hell but its made me who I am today ;)

Well tbh its no real difference to some of the trips to Ibiza where I have just spent a weekend in Space!

I like to think I'm relatively low maintenance :lol: but I just couldn't camp in that heat, and not in that setting either, it's not even a nice campsite, its like a carpark with loads of tents in it :eek:
Our hotel was £80 a night but was worth every penny IMO. This was only proved when our friends who were camping appeared at our hotel on the second day pleading to find a room :lol:
The staff in our hotel were great though, they gave us sandwiches and fresh juice when we got in at 7am :D Best hotel ever!

I like to think I'm relatively low maintenance :lol: but I just couldn't camp in that heat, and not in that setting either, it's not even a nice campsite, its like a carpark with loads of tents in it :eek:
Our hotel was £80 a night but was worth every penny IMO. This was only proved when our friends who were camping appeared at our hotel on the second day pleading to find a room :lol:
The staff in our hotel were great though, they gave us sandwiches and fresh juice when we got in at 7am :D Best hotel ever!

I would never camp again once was enough!!! Last year the campsite was worse than the year before according to my mates who did both years. People where just pi$$ing up trees next to the tents and saying well its outside so why not!

Its all about renting out peoples houses for Exit! ;)

Its all about renting out peoples houses for Exit! ;)
Na, dude.. it's all about going upscale. We stayed in a very nice 2-room suite in a 4-star hotel for 140 euros/night. Expensive for Novy Sad but dirt cheap compared to prices in places like London or Moscow. But that bit of pampering (especially the water massage in the room's shower) made the dustbowl at Exit seem like no big deal :lol:

Na, dude.. it's all about going upscale. We stayed in a very nice 2-room suite in a 4-star hotel for 140 euros/night. Expensive for Novy Sad but dirt cheap compared to prices in places like London or Moscow. But that bit of pampering (especially the water massage in the room's shower) made the dustbowl at Exit seem like no big deal :lol:

Well we rented of someones flat for it. Its the way forward. You helping out the "real" people of novi sad buy paying about 400 Euros for the weekend or the equivalent of their rent for 6 months ;)

Well we rented of someones flat for it. Its the way forward. You helping out the "real" people of novi sad buy paying about 400 Euros for the weekend or the equivalent of their rent for 6 months ;)
We had a good talk with our taxi driver from the airport (we used that Exit Trip service) and he was saying that a lot of people in that town make a big chunk of their annual income that weekend.

Just curious - did your landlords change sheets/towels daily or anything like that?

We had a good talk with our taxi driver from the airport (we used that Exit Trip service) and he was saying that a lot of people in that town make a big chunk of their annual income that weekend.

Just curious - did your landlords change sheets/towels daily or anything like that?

I can imagine they do. I quite like that tho. It like the whole town are Del Boys for the weekend.

Nope we got clean sheets and Towels when we got there and then where left alone till the Monday when he came back to inspect the flat.

Our hotel was tiny, it only had five rooms, so I'm sure the money we spent there went straight to the local owners rather than some big corporate company.

We met some Liverpudlians who had also rented a private house there, they said the owner was a little old lady who kept popping in every day with a freshly baked cake lol. Not quite what you need after a night at Exit Fesitval lol :lol:

FAO beckiboo, minimarc and anyone else thinking of Croatia/Balkans this summer

I just booked some flights which I think are pricey but probably as good as it will get in current climate

Stansted - Trieste 25th August £48 (incl tax/luggage) one way - ryanair
Split - Gatwick 2nd Sept £127.90 (incl tax/luggage) one way - easyjet

= £175

gonna stop off in Trieste and catch up with an old pen friend I haven't seen since 1990 then catch a train down through Slovenia. So paying extra for the adventure. Should be ace. :)

Back