Garbi WiFi

daz

Hi Guys,

Will be in Ibiza from Sept 13-26th. My buddy and I are staying at the Garbi. I know they mention that there is free WiFi there but does anyone know if the signal is strong enough to get in your room or just in a lobby?

Thanks,

if you look on the hotel site site it sates

ROOMS:
Total: 298 air-conditioned rooms for 2/3 people with fridge
Terrace - most of them with side sea-view
Satellite TV
Telephone and free whireless acces to internet
Complete Bathroom with hairdresser
Safety-deposit box for hire

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Will be in Ibiza from Sept 13-26th. My buddy and I are staying at the Garbi. I know they mention that there is free WiFi there but does anyone know if the signal is strong enough to get in your room or just in a lobby?

Thanks,

Just the lobby mate, i tried logging on from my laptop last time i was there last September and got no signal but when i went into the lobby i could get a signal (unless that has changed from September 2007):)

Wrong again, Jonny!!

Every time I have stayed in Garbi (in June of each of the last 3 years) I have been able to get the signal in my room.

I should note that each time, we had rooms with balconies opening onto the swimming pool side (not the street side), although on 2 of those occasions we were closer to the seaside end of the building than to the lobby.

The reception on the balcony, which was where I usually sat when getting online, was perfect. Inside the room it was low but decent enough to use for a quick check of email or something.

We're back at Garbi in 2.5 weeks! :D

I'm not wrong, why would i lie ffs,i couldn't get a signal, our room was facing the sea so i don't know if that had any impact or not but i definitely could not get a signal and had to go down to the lobby when i wanted to log on.

Well, I'm just telling you that I used to sit on my balcony and get a signal just fine, and usually got one in the room as well. Using regular laptops. With my laptops' built-in wifi cards (no external antenna). On 2 different computers (one Acer, the other Toshiba).

Edit: to be fair, I think in '05 I used the Internet kiosk in the lobby. So the above relates to '06 and '07

this hotel has had a massive refit in 2007/08.just opened in june 08.but its sounds like pool side is best.you should get signal in anyroom really.

Cool thanks guys! Either way I'm sure its fine! I was just curious! I'm there in 10 days, can't wait! This is my first time to Ibiza so i'm sure it'll be memorable one! :D

this hotel has had a massive refit in 2007/08.just opened in june 08.but its sounds like pool side is best.you should get signal in anyroom really.
After the remodeling, they added a lot more wifi routers throughout the complex. If before you had a choice of garbi or garbi2 (and the signal was weaker inside your room than on the balcony), now you see a bunch of options from any location in the hotel.

We stayed in a room facing the outside of the complex last night. Great reception. Today we moved to a room facing the pool and still a very good signal 8)

The WiFi is great in the rooms! The Garbi has a ton of networks to connect to. I'm getting a full signal in our room which faces the pool on the 4th floor.

Back