Fwd: Ibiza off for Danny Tenaglia

markEg

From UkClubbing newsletter -

"Danny Tenaglia has announced he will not be playing in Ibiza this year because he is taking the summer off.

He says the four main clubs - Privilege, Space, Pacha and Amnesia - have all asked him to return but he decided to turn them all down rather than say yes to one.

And the DJ legend wants to make way for new talent to shine on the White Isle.

Instead, he will spend time sorting out his record collection in his new loft space in New York, as well as playing local gigs, before returning to Ibiza in 2004.

Tenaglia has played several one-off parties on the island in recent years - often DJing for up to 12 hours at a time."

No way - Danny T would rather spend his summer tidying his records than do Ibiza...

BTW has anyone been to one of his massive long sets??

I’ve yet to see Danny T play. :( He doesn’t venture up here very often and I seem to keep missing him when he’s in Ibiza.

markEg said:
And the DJ legend wants to make way for new talent to shine on the White Isle.

This cant be a bad thing though, I think its important to let new dj talent show what they can do.

It is a shame though.

being in nyc, i guess that i am spoiled with his residency there....although i have heard from many people that his sets outside of nyc are even better than his sets here. i would have loved to see him in ibiza.....his residency here is at a club that does not serve alcohol!!! but he does play very long sets every friday night at arc (formerly vinyl)

Back