Future of Ibiza

brucy

Some thoughts for discussion. Not based on facts; just throwing a few things in the mixer.

1. Will the worldwide economic recession end "Ibiza Party Capital of the World" The Ibiza party island phenomenum has boomed over the past 15 years, coinciding with the end of the last recession. Time for a change when the recession lifts?

2. Which Ibiza will prevail / dominate, or will the Island acommodate all of them
- DJ Sammy / Tidy San Antonio lager louts
- Minimal Tech
- Ibiza Rocks

2. Which Ibiza will prevail / dominate, or will the Island acommodate all of them
- DJ Sammy / Tidy San Antonio lager louts
- Minimal Tech
- Ibiza Rocks

None of them will dominate and the Island accommodates all of them already. They are all sub-genres with quite small fanbases in Ibiza.

I haven't seen much lager louts the 4 times I've stayed in San An. Last year I saw a group of boys in football shirts with a 6 foot inflatable c*ck staggering up the street (They were just out of Lineker's come to think of it!) - they stuck out like sore thumbs. They shouldv'e went to Magaluf. I can't think of any other times so there can't be many about these days eh?

Do you mean Minimal Tech as in the underground scene in general or Minimal Techno as in the genre? If you mean the latter then it stopped being popular 2 years ago. Even the DJ's who were playing it at the time are now 'too cool for school' and call themselves 'House DJ's' :lol:

Ibiza Rocks is growing in popularity but it's still the club culture which brings the party people to the Island. Indie Rock music will never be the most popular in Ibiza.

Last edited by a moderator:
the real common misconception is that clubbing dominates and rules in ibiza - what it does dominate is the press....

Indie Rock music will never be the most popular in Ibiza

on what basis can you say that ?

i dont know whether it will or not - but who knew in 1986 that "house" music would explode here ?

the clubs here had been going for 20 odd years at that point and were playing everything from the cult to motown...

Back