Funky Owse Compilations

mambobirdette

I cannot find ANYWHERE any funky owse Cd's :cry: can anybody recommend where i can get some from. The ones that wont include all the other non funky crap that goes along with it.

Why don't you buy Lazy Dog 1 and 2?

Probably the best funky/deep/soulful house albums you will ever be able to buy..........quite simply masterpieces of music - put together by 2 guys:
Jay Hannan and Ben Watt (the bloke from Everything but The Girl).

you will love them.
8)

Hed kandi, its ur only answer to funky house. Try 'twisted disco' or 'disco kandi'. Both are wicked compilations!!

Any of the Defected Series, Subliminal Sessions 1-5, new Space CD, Azuli Presents Miami to name a few........

Barbie said:
Any of the Defected Series, Subliminal Sessions 1-5, new Space CD, Azuli Presents Miami to name a few........

What she said.

I wholehearted reccomend especially

Soulfuric Sessions

it was realeased last year, and covers the funky/soulful side of things perfectly.

x-amount said:

Soulfuric Sessions

it was realeased last year, and covers the funky/soulful side of things perfectly.

Not got that one, I shall take your recommendation on board mister :p :D

Barbie said:
x-amount said:

Soulfuric Sessions

I got it last year, and after I got into it, it never left my cd player.

You may find it a bit old now, but for me its a real classic.

Like I said, I coluldnt reccomend it enough.

I could not agree more about the Lazy Dog and Hed Kandi comps. "About Now" by Derrick Carter is a wonderful mix of funky house and "tracky" tunes, and his skills are second to none, even though it is rather old nowadays. I will have to check out the Soulfuric Sessions, as Soulfuric is one of my favorite labels right about now.

Barbie said:
x-amount said:

Soulfuric Sessions

Dont mate,theres nothing on it you havent got................

Yer i can also heartily recommend hed kandi, all of their stuff in fact.

I am sitting here right now listening to the es vive compilation and thinking about booking a couple of weeks in the hotel. Been over to ibiza 3 times but not since 2001, i really miss the place :/

Chase said:
I could not agree more about the Lazy Dog and Hed Kandi comps. "About Now" by Derrick Carter is a wonderful mix of funky house and "tracky" tunes, and his skills are second to none, even though it is rather old nowadays. I will have to check out the Soulfuric Sessions, as Soulfuric is one of my favorite labels right about now.

Never heard that, but

Good sig by the way!

Its in the word...

mambobirdette said:
*mwa* fank you so much guys. I did figure Hed Kandi but theres so bloody many of them in HMV.

Get the Beach House Cd's on Hed Kandi, IMo they are the best for Funky/Soulful House. Perfect for chillin by the Pool.

Steven R said:
mambobirdette said:
*mwa* fank you so much guys. I did figure Hed Kandi but theres so bloody many of them in HMV.

Get the Beach House Cd's on Hed Kandi, IMo they are the best for Funky/Soulful House. Perfect for chillin by the Pool.

I want banging funky though to get me in the mood.

mambobirdette said:
I want banging funky though to get me in the mood.

2 choices then - Miami 2003 on Azuli or the recent Defected CD (as Barbie suggested earlier).....both in HMV and both are high energy funky sets. Now off you go to buy them! ;)

yer you want banging funky with hed kandi, get the disco kandi and twisted disco

some of the back to love cds are really good as well, but have older classics on them

i got em all though and love the lot

Back