Funky House

I think what happened in the UK is that the market got saturated after 2000 with what later became known as 'funky house' as everyone tried to make a quick buck copying Daft Punk and quality nosedived. It just turned into a formula production line and that's when I took a step back. There was still stuff on Defected I liked (eg Kings of Tomorrow) but I gradually lost interest as I got into a very different kind of HOUSE.

*I just found out that Thick D 'insatiable' was by Morillo :oops: (was a big fan... ugh)

the yanks did house way better imo. so many gems which still sound good

A few from memory

I think what happened in the UK is that the market got saturated after 2000 with what later became known as 'funky house' as everyone tried to make a quick buck copying Daft Punk and quality nosedived. It just turned into a formula production line and that's when I took a step back. There was still stuff on Defected I liked (eg Kings of Tomorrow) but I gradually lost interest as I got into a very different kind of HOUSE.

*I just found out that Thick D 'insatiable' was by Morillo :oops: (was a big fan... ugh)

the yanks did house way better imo. so many gems which still sound good

A few from memory

Finally got my hands on that Wamdue Kids album.
Thanks for the tip. Glad there's more to it than King Of My Castle.
Not really funky house in my mind, but the entire album lives well up to the superlatives in the Discogs comment section.

Back