Funky House CD

Markel

Hy all!
I'm looking for a new good funky house mix CD. (derrick carter style)
Any suggestion? :?:

Thanks!!
Mar.

You should get derick carter, "about now". very good cd!!! or you could try the new junior jack, kid creme one. havnt heard all of it but its meant to be very good. or just to throw a spanner in the works, why don't ya try james lavelle, fabriclive. maybe not exactly what your lookin for but hey ya might be suprised. that last one was a bit random but hey, it just popped into my head. ;) :lol:

:eek: you can't call Derrick Carter Funky House!

'Funky House' is a nasty, tacky, cheesy term associated with such House music played by people like Erick Morillo and (sigh) the Trophy Twins.

Derrick Carter is a pioneer of the Deep, Jackin', Boompty-Boomp Chicago sound :twisted:

Check out Dez's 'Derrick L. Carter presents "About Now..."' CD, Heather's new CD on Nordic Trax, or the Igloo CD (Igloo #002).
For the deeper edge, Doc Martin, H Fondation and Tyler Stadius all have Fabric CDs :)

Alex Williams said:
:eek: you can't call Derrick Carter Funky House!

'Funky House' is a nasty, tacky, cheesy term associated with such House music played by people like Erick Morillo and (sigh) the Trophy Twins.

Derrick Carter is a pioneer of the Deep, Jackin', Boompty-Boomp Chicago sound :twisted:

Check out Dez's 'Derrick L. Carter presents "About Now..."' CD, Heather's new CD on Nordic Trax, or the Igloo CD (Igloo #002).
For the deeper edge, Doc Martin, H Fondation and Tyler Stadius all have Fabric CDs :)

lol, you tell 'em :lol:

Da Boompty Boomp!

So true!!!

DC reprezents the chi-town jackin' boompty boomp style!

For some recommendations on some cds:
Heather's new "Dancefloor Priniciples" on nordic trax is the Sh*t!!! DO NOT sleep on this CD!! Very Boompty!
Diz's "Decks and the City pt.2" is also very good.
Diz and James Curd's "Keeping it Green" on Igloo is a great listen.
Anything Mark Farina is dope as well.

NO ONE really comes close to derrick carter's style on CD except for Derrick Carter, so yes, please buy "About Now", "Thanks for Coming By" (double mixed cd w/ luke solomon on classic), and if you can find it, "Cosmic Disco" and "Future Sounds of Chicago (on MOS i think)"

DC is coming out w/ an album later this year called "Near Hit's and Greatest Misses", i think it's a comp of some of the remixes he's done and maybe some unreleased tracks. DC is also going to be showcased on Azuli's Choice Collections series (Frankie knuckles, Tony humphries, and Danny T were the previous), so look out for that as well.

Hope this helps!

:D

Re: Da Boompty Boomp!

Milhousegfx said:
So true!!!

DC reprezents the chi-town jackin' boompty boomp style!

For some recommendations on some cds:
Heather's new "Dancefloor Priniciples" on nordic trax is the Sh*t!!! DO NOT sleep on this CD!! Very Boompty!
Diz's "Decks and the City pt.2" is also very good.
Diz and James Curd's "Keeping it Green" on Igloo is a great listen.
Anything Mark Farina is dope as well.

NO ONE really comes close to derrick carter's style on CD except for Derrick Carter, so yes, please buy "About Now", "Thanks for Coming By" (double mixed cd w/ luke solomon on classic), and if you can find it, "Cosmic Disco" and "Future Sounds of Chicago (on MOS i think)"

DC is coming out w/ an album later this year called "Near Hit's and Greatest Misses", i think it's a comp of some of the remixes he's done and maybe some unreleased tracks. DC is also going to be showcased on Azuli's Choice Collections series (Frankie knuckles, Tony humphries, and Danny T were the previous), so look out for that as well.

Hope this helps!

:D

Nice to see somebody else into real house music ;)

Go to www.undergroundhouse.net too, and check out the mixes on the front page.
From the likes of Derrick Carter, Brett Johnson, Dan X, Justin Long, JT Donaldson, David Duriez and just about every other name you can thing of in Deep House ;)

Back