From June 1988 to last months opening parties

Hello or should that be Hola

its been quiet some journey from 18-30 trips in the late 80s early 90s to posh rented villa trips in the naughties and lots of Fiesta hotels all over the magic 'crazy' island of ibiza'
i am a new member on here so A UP to everyone :lol:

i look forward to tell you some great stories from what i can remember lol

chris

Hello or should that be Hola

its been quiet some journey from 18-30 trips in the late 80s early 90s to posh rented villa trips in the naughties and lots of Fiesta hotels all over the magic 'crazy' island of ibiza'
i am a new member on here so A UP to everyone :lol:

i look forward to tell you some great stories from what i can remember lol

chris

Hola Chris. Good to hear from you and good of you to join - where you been hiding all these years then ? :lol:

Tired old question...

...but interesting to get a new perspective since I landed a decade after you.

Is it as good as it used to be?

Or is it the same kind of energy in a more £££/regimented environment?

My 1st visit was in june 1989 17 and pretty naive to everything... I remember my 1st taste of ibiza was going to a place called "idea".. it was next to eden which was the star club back then.. Apologies if ive got anything the wrong way round but it was a long time ago...:oops:

good morning
thanks for the welcome
never really done the forums thing before but a dj friend of mine who does my web design had just come back from a week in san an last week and mentioned this site so i thought lets have a look'

once apon a time lol

13 lads all from nottingham out of the same football team booked an 18-30s trip to this place in the med called evissa in 1988' little did i know that twenty odd years later i would of been back more times than any where else on earth as i have been to america africa india australia new zealand etc on holidays there certainly seams to be some part of my physical make up that wants to party until i can't walk or talk' so ive been once some years, none some years, three times acouple of years and lived there one year ha

i will try and say it as it was as my memory remembers bits lol but it will be from a lads point of veiw sorry if i affend anyone or my spellings crap'

so we got there all on our first lads holidays in june we were all 18 and full of beans if you know what i mean' :rolleyes:
we didnt take many clothes just shorts trainers and a few t shirts we had no idea about dressing up for the clubs
we were staying in san an around the bay it was the last hotel that you could get the little wooden ferry boat across the bay and back which was handy but it stopped at 1am i think'
we found are selfs in the west end every night the beer was 50c a bottle of san miguel :p much later we would be in the star bar/club thats now eden i think' and once we tried es paradis but they had a strict dress code which we didnt meet in just shorts how times change hey'

in the hotel we had four rooms between us luckily we had rooms of girls all around us ;) so we had those great drink from the super market parties in the biggest room, mixing bottles of everything into big salad bowls like a punch bow doing party games just having a laugh'
so pretty much every evening by 10pm we were already bladdered lol
the theme of the trip was lady hunting rather than music/ clubs etc and with so many in the hotel/beach we got to know we would meet up in the west end then travel back later on for abit of knooky on the beach ha
i still remember most mornings getting back to the hotel walking down to the beach infront and seeing shapes along the sand on sun beds next to pedalos etc basically getting it on with that nights conquest usually a quick shout 'a up whose here' got alot of replies or hand waving'
as the week went on it soon became apparent that we were missing out on something as we settled in our rooms in the early hours the girls mostly london lasses were getting dressed up to the nines and going out this got me asking where and what did you get up to going out at 2-4am quiet often you wouldnt see them until the next night at diner time as they had got back at 10am then spent the day in bed recovering'
on asking they said they were going to a mixed gay night at a club called KU they said it was wild blokes dressed as women lots of crazy stuff going on' who would of guessed that one day i would work on the door there some years later'
first ibiza drunken mishap happened on the first night one of the fittest blondes fell down the stairs pissed up put her leg through a glass window oops so she spent the rest of the holiday in bandages crying as her friends went out partying'
one night i copped off with a lovely finnish blonde ooo so sweet she was didnt speak a word of english ha i arranged to pick her up the next day on a hired moped we had a great day chipping around cala bassa cala conta abit of a struggle with the words but kissing and smiles did the job we meet again later that night' i decide to take her back to the hotel to meet up with friends at some silly time in the morning i can remember swapping over so she was driving the bike jesus christ WOMEN drivers i suppose it didnt help we were well on the way drink wise' we drove down the side of the hotel to the walk way along the front of the hotel she speeded up as we crashed through all the white plastic tables and chairs then at the end we went over on the bike dropped down a five foot drop onto the sandy beach thank god it was sand' anyhow my mates already on the beach with there ladies lol came over and picked us up from the mangled mess us two some plastic chairs and a moped on top of us :)
i remember she had taken the skin off her chin and knees me being on the back fared better just a bloody nose and a banged elbow' later i took her home on the now moaning bike which always puts a smile on my face as her cream small dress was now see through from are skinny dip i remember driving up and down the west end trying to miss the chains and drunks asking for a hotel she said sounds like hotel F**KY which the taxi drivers and bar reps thought was funny but i was bein serious after being stopped by mr policeman for being on a pedestrian only street he pointed us in the right directtion' how the hell i got home on that bike some nights'
back then you couldnt walk around the bay beach front wise but one night my mate julian tried in his pissed up state when he walked through a large hotel beach front he got chased by two security guards one whacked him with a truncteon across his back which marked him all trip why o why are they so pig headed hey'
clubbing wise the only place we ventured was half way around the bay which was this small club called summum it had two london lads called alex p and brandon block as there residents it was packed and boy what was this electronic sound coming out the speakers nothing like i had heard before' they sure seamed to be having a good time going by the hugs and smiles everywhere little did i know they were all E'd up with there hands in the air like you just dont care lol
catch you soon 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT is some memory! I can vaguely remember snippets from my first time on the island - nothing like this detail. Good one 8)

good morning
thanks for the welcome
never really done the forums thing before but a dj friend of mine who does my web design had just come back from a week in san an last week and mentioned this site so i thought lets have a look'

once apon a time lol

13 lads all from nottingham out of the same football team booked an 18-30s trip to this place in the med called evissa in 1988' little did i know that twenty odd years later i would of been back more times than any where else on earth as i have been to america africa india australia new zealand etc on holidays there certainly seams to be some part of my physical make up that wants to party until i can't walk or talk' so ive been once some years, none some years, three times acouple of years and lived there one year ha

i will try and say it as it was as my memory remembers bits lol but it will be from a lads point of veiw sorry if i affend anyone or my spellings crap'

so we got there all on our first lads holidays in june we were all 18 and full of beans if you know what i mean' :rolleyes:
we didnt take many clothes just shorts trainers and a few t shirts we had no idea about dressing up for the clubs
we were staying in san an around the bay it was the last hotel that you could get the little wooden ferry boat across the bay and back which was handy but it stopped at 1am i think'
we found are selfs in the west end every night the beer was 50c a bottle of san miguel :p much later we would be in the star bar/club thats now eden i think' and once we tried es paradis but they had a strict dress code which we didnt meet in just shorts how times change hey'

in the hotel we had four rooms between us luckily we had rooms of girls all around us ;) so we had those great drink from the super market parties in the biggest room, mixing bottles of everything into big salad bowls like a punch bow doing party games just having a laugh'
so pretty much every evening by 10pm we were already bladdered lol
the theme of the trip was lady hunting rather than music/ clubs etc and with so many in the hotel/beach we got to know we would meet up in the west end then travel back later on for abit of knooky on the beach ha
i still remember most mornings getting back to the hotel walking down to the beach infront and seeing shapes along the sand on sun beds next to pedalos etc basically getting it on with that nights conquest usually a quick shout 'a up whose here' got alot of replies or hand waving'
as the week went on it soon became apparent that we were missing out on something as we settled in our rooms in the early hours the girls mostly london lasses were getting dressed up to the nines and going out this got me asking where and what did you get up to going out at 2-4am quiet often you wouldnt see them until the next night at diner time as they had got back at 10am then spent the day in bed recovering'
on asking they said they were going to a mixed gay night at a club called KU they said it was wild blokes dressed as women lots of crazy stuff going on' who would of guessed that one day i would work on the door there some years later'
first ibiza drunken mishap happened on the first night one of the fittest blondes fell down the stairs pissed up put her leg through a glass window oops so she spent the rest of the holiday in bandages crying as her friends went out partying'
one night i copped off with a lovely finnish blonde ooo so sweet she was didnt speak a word of english ha i arranged to pick her up the next day on a hired moped we had a great day chipping around cala bassa cala conta abit of a struggle with the words but kissing and smiles did the job we meet again later that night' i decide to take her back to the hotel to meet up with friends at some silly time in the morning i can remember swapping over so she was driving the bike jesus christ WOMEN drivers i suppose it didnt help we were well on the way drink wise' we drove down the side of the hotel to the walk way along the front of the hotel she speeded up as we crashed through all the white plastic tables and chairs then at the end we went over on the bike dropped down a five foot drop onto the sandy beach thank god it was sand' anyhow my mates already on the beach with there ladies lol came over and picked us up from the mangled mess us two some plastic chairs and a moped on top of us :)
i remember she had taken the skin off her chin and knees me being on the back fared better just a bloody nose and a banged elbow' later i took her home on the now moaning bike which always puts a smile on my face as her cream small dress was now see through from are skinny dip i remember driving up and down the west end trying to miss the chains and drunks asking for a hotel she said sounds like hotel F**KY which the taxi drivers and bar reps thought was funny but i was bein serious after being stopped by mr policeman for being on a pedestrian only street he pointed us in the right directtion' how the hell i got home on that bike some nights'
back then you couldnt walk around the bay beach front wise but one night my mate julian tried in his pissed up state when he walked through a large hotel beach front he got chased by two security guards one whacked him with a truncteon across his back which marked him all trip why o why are they so pig headed hey'
clubbing wise the only place we ventured was half way around the bay which was this small club called summum it had two london lads called alex p and brandon block as there residents it was packed and boy what was this electronic sound coming out the speakers nothing like i had heard before' they sure seamed to be having a good time going by the hugs and smiles everywhere little did i know they were all E'd up with there hands in the air like you just dont care lol
catch you soon 8)

Quite eerie really but on our 1st visit we hooked up with a group of lads from notts.. they where all forest fans and we where villa ( still are :oops: ) and i think it was the footy thing that brought us together.. embarrasingly we ended having a scuffle with some local lads and my mate broke his ankle so spent 90% of the hol on crutches, i remember him bobbing about in the star club on one leg, crutches in the air..lol.. remember going to summum aswell, was not long ago due to a house move i chucked out a load of old flyers and club cards, summum being one of them.. forest drew villa on the first fixture of the following season so we went over for the game and went on the bladder with them around notts... surely that can't be you guys!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Tired old question...

...but interesting to get a new perspective since I landed a decade after you.

Is it as good as it used to be?

Or is it the same kind of energy in a more £££/regimented environment?

It is as good as it used to be... just a bit more "red tape" to dance around...;)

:lol:

i decide to take her back to the hotel to meet up with friends at some silly time in the morning i can remember swapping over so she was driving the bike jesus christ WOMEN drivers i suppose it didnt help we were well on the way drink wise' we drove down the side of the hotel to the walk way along the front of the hotel she speeded up as we crashed through all the white plastic tables and chairs then at the end we went over on the bike dropped down a five foot drop onto the sandy beach thank god it was sand' anyhow my mates already on the beach with there ladies lol came over and picked us up from the mangled mess us two some plastic chairs and a moped on top of us :)

:lol::lol::lol: -

after being stopped by mr policeman for being on a pedestrian only street he pointed us in the right directtion' how the hell i got home on that bike some nights'

Policemen soooo helpful, sometimes !! ;)

back then you couldnt walk around the bay beach front wise but one night my mate julian tried in his pissed up state when he walked through a large hotel beach front he got chased by two security guards one whacked him with a truncteon across his back which marked him all trip'

:lol::lol::lol:

catch you soon 8)

A & B - the jokers :) E goes in, egos out :lol: think the Summum sign is still there, god knows what's going on with that place now ...

Laughed through most of this - just cheered up my afternoon no end reading that .. carefree daze

Back