Friend dilemma

IbizaMP

Hey guys and girls, new to this forum and wanted to say hi. Been lurking for ages!

Got a dlemma involving a 'friend' and saw a similar post recently so wanted some advice.

Whilst I have a few close friends, a big group of us often end up in the same clubs and parties, as well as holidays. Of these, the girls sometimes go out for meals and similar girlie things such as shopping, etc.

However one girl has been really odd with me for a while (I'm a girl, btw!). No idea why. At first I thought it might be because she was worried I was close to her boyfriend, even though there's no danger of that and I'm with someone! But it's got to the point that she's almost blanks me sometimes when we're out, although can be so nice the next time.

The thing is, that we have shared friends, so I feel I can't stop seeing her completely. I'm also worried in case she turns other friends against me. She's made a few catty comments which I've just taken as a joke but the more I think about it, the more it upsets me. I also think she's been gossiping about me - some of which is completely untrue.

She's quite confrontational and I'm not, so scared to say anything as I know she'd deny anything.

What to do? Why are some people so mean? :(

Whenever your out, and she's not looking pull silly faces at her behind her back or trip her up and then look other way. If all of this fails to resolve the problem, revert to the old scratching your head with your fist, picking your nose with your middle finger or the two fingered eye wipe. That'll teach her.

she sounds like a utter dickhead; I strongly suggest you have a word with her.. if that fails and she persists, then raise the stakes; tell her you don't take 5hit off fairweather friends; if she still persists; send her some pubes in a jiffy.

Punch her in the face(hard) then pull her hair and mash her face off a table,then say "listen up you fat **** im the daddy round here and if you talk behind my back again im gonna wipe out you and your family ! "
that should sort it
failing that cry.

Talk to her on a 1 to 1, take her aside, tell her you can't help feel that.........
See where it goes, doesnt have to become a confrontation, effective communication is the answer!
Good luck!

green eyed monster again...

talk to her, be firm, but fair.

if she persists, ignore the bitch. ;)

Bingo! Arrive at her house and with a stern 'right! we need to talk!' Tell her how you feel and ask her what her problem is, if she still gets on like a complete toilet brush blow her a rasberry and leave!

At least you will have won the moral victory!!!

Hope it goes well. J

Thanks everyone! Kind of what I’m thinking but scared to have it out with her as she will just deny everything and turn it around on me. Another friend tried to have words and she apparently went off on one so you can see why I’m holding back a bit.

So stressful and I wish she was just out of the equation as everyone else gets on really well.

Thanks everyone! Kind of what I’m thinking but scared to have it out with her as she will just deny everything and turn it around on me. Another friend tried to have words and she apparently went off on one so you can see why I’m holding back a bit.

So stressful and I wish she was just out of the equation as everyone else gets on really well.

well you know shes gonna have a go back, whatever you say.

for your own peace of mind, tell her exactly what ya think, otherwise its gonna fester inside of ya, and you will end up feeling like ****e.

Sounds like me, and in fact I think its probably my post you are talking about.

Am in the same kind of situation but not as bad as yours or not as confrontational.

Just seen a different side to a so called friend.

All I would suggest is saying something. Let it blow up, maybe you will shout, cry, scream etc but then it will all calm down.

Sometimes things need to be said to make things better.

I would kill her with kindness--be complimentive, interested in what she says, and so nice that she won't know what hit her. Sometimes that's all it takes to get people to realize they've been acting like a douchebag.

Frame her for a crime, something serious, 5yrs plus, by the time she gets out you and your mates will probably have moved on and she'll be a carpet muncher.

Plus you can laugh quietly to yourself whenever anyone says: "I wonder what happened to Betty*"

(*Betty being your nemesis)

Sensible answer -
Go & see her face to face & politely ask her if you have done anything to upset her as u value her friendship & don't want to fall out, that way tou look like u care & like the mature one.

Not so sensible answer-
Bite the b*tch's nipples off & kick her in the snatch!

Your prob better off taking the sensible option!

Why are women so complex??
u wouldn't get this with men, we'd get drunk push each other a few times & drunkenly hug & make up over a pint several hours later!

WOMEN!!

I would kill her with kindness--be complimentive, interested in what she says, and so nice that she won't know what hit her. Sometimes that's all it takes to get people to realize they've been acting like a douchebag.
Totally agree, kindness all the way, compliments, inanely grinning at her and being as nice as possible the next few times you go out and if her attitude doesn't change just completely ignore her and forget about her and just enjoy your time with your other friends.

Back