Fresh water

helend

Hello,

I have a house in Cala Vadella and are connected to the main water pipe, I guess anyway, the water is supersalty, hence the dishwasher doesn't really work as it should and it is not very nice having a shower.
My question is, how do we get fresh water in the taps? I have seen trucks with what I guess is fresh water going around here, have tried to google it for results but haven't had any luck. So does anyone in here know anything about this?

you're having a laugh now helen! when!

you'll know when you've got it because you'll have 3 days of mud through your taps when the switch over or alternatively just ask warren, he'll know

Unless you want to spend thousands on a water softener system, you will have to wait for the new supply to get nice shower or good dishwasher performance, If you buy bottled water for drinking/cooking/making tea, I would recommend one of these ( random ebay search, not a recommendation for the seller, you can buy them here @ €130 ish) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUASAFE-5-STAGE-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-RO-WATER-BOOSTER-PUMP_W0QQitemZ110398233312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL?hash=item19b43f5ae0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A4|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

Mine paid for itself in the first 3 months, the Kettle is a clean as it was 1 yr ago when I bought it and we always have good drinking water,
Have a good one
Tim

PS our tap water is good to start up the sunrise side :)

Unless you want to spend thousands on a water softener system, you will have to wait for the new supply to get nice shower or good dishwasher performance, If you buy bottled water for drinking/cooking/making tea, I would recommend one of these ( random ebay search, not a recommendation for the seller, you can buy them here @ €130 ish) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUASAFE-5-STAGE-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-RO-WATER-BOOSTER-PUMP_W0QQitemZ110398233312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL?hash=item19b43f5ae0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A4|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

Mine paid for itself in the first 3 months, the Kettle is a clean as it was 1 yr ago when I bought it and we always have good drinking water,
Have a good one
Tim

PS our tap water is good to start up the sunrise side :)

dishwasher is a waste of time, needs a calgon after every go practically.

:lol:

why ?
in summer: less rain AND higher water consumption (tourists etc) -
don´t they need to take more salty water from the sea then ??
We moved to Cala Vedella in June '08. A few of the neighbours told us that every year the water was less salty during the summer and at the end of the summer the water goes back to being much saltier. Sure enough the water got a lot saltier in October last year and stayed that way until a few weeks ago.
The only reason I can see for the water being better in the summer is that maybe it is more important for the water to be a better quality for when the tourists are here?

Did anyone else got cut off the water yesterday for about an hour and now it seems that there is no salt at all. Anyone?

--Helen

Back