Freedom of speech?!

Valtonyc, Pablo Hasel, etc have plenty of support here...

26231338_10157492179612925_5777704720179871951_n.jpg

looks like the next rapper that could end up in prison is siker from ibiza...

28059440_2036418279941412_8872073648856252842_n.jpg

The censorship this country is going through at the moment is unbelievable... and once Ciudadanos wins the next general elections is going to get even worse!

Seems the government are determined to drag the country back 40 or 50 years...
Sorry,but it was better 40 years ago_Only talking about all stupid things the do now.
Don't mind about less beach clubs but no music in bares late:(don't wanna go to clubs
every night.

it was better 40 years ago in certain ways ie when things were more naive and innocent, before everything got so greedy and cynical and before the tourist monster became so bloated

....but in other ways, politically, economically, culturally - Spain was very backward.....

some would argue, it is sliding backwards (esp re corruption, police brutality, freedom of speech, political prisoners, intransigence on the Catalan issue) but at the same time the country has made so much progress since the 80s on equal rights, ending terrorism, joining the rest of the world

I dunno, it's a mixed picture. I'm conflicted on this

Sorry,but it was better 40 years ago_Only talking about all stupid things the do now.
Don't mind about less beach clubs but no music in bares late:(don't wanna go to clubs
every night.
Yes and no. I think a certain level of corruption and lack of genuine foresight on the part of the island's officialdom has created a monster that we all can see today. Beach clubs everywhere (seemingly), selling the beach concessions to gangsters/drug smugglers, allowing Cafe del Mar and Mambo's to build that ridiculous decking on the beach (illegal surely as it restricts access?), the cost of the clubs and drinks once you're in, and the clamp down on the bars in San Antonio seems to me to be a recipe for disaster. It might be 10, 15 or even 20 years down the line but something has to give sooner or later. BUT with regarding officialdom and also how the law is being used it does seem to harking back to when Spain was a fascist country even if it isn't that bad. Yet.

Back