free parking?

Olly

No longer active
free parking suggestions in Ibiza town or outskirts please

does anyone have an up-to-date map of the free areas? ie those discreet, dusty backstreets (preferably under trees) that don't have restrictions

if not, is there a permit for the blue bays I can apply for ahead of visit in July?

I understand that all EU vehicles can get clobbered with fines now upon returning home, so you "can't get away with it" anymore right? :confused:

Carrer De Joan Xico in ibiza town has a car park on it. Can't remember if it's free or not but it's usually rammed. I parked on the street itself with no problems.

cheers, man. That is good to know :)

spent about 7 hours on Saturday online looking for somewhere to stay. Eventually sorted ferry and somewhere cheap to stay in Ibiza Town.

i usually have no problem in finding free car parking albeit it tends to be on the outskirts. Some of the side streets as you approach the town (just before burger king and across the road from the ferry port) have unmarked roads sides which allow ticket less parking.

A block or two further up from Burger King (in direction of Pacha) there is a gravel parking lot just off the road.

Optional - Give the panhandlers a euro to watch your car for you :lol:

olly, since they've got rid of the gypsy car park, whenever i go in i find it easier to just park somewhere by the roundabout to pacha.

it's a bit over 5 mins walk from there but there have been times when i've driven around for half an hour looking for a space and had no joy.

A block or two further up from Burger King (in direction of Pacha) there is a gravel parking lot just off the road.

Wont do that...they broke my window once and stole the only valuable thing for them...ciggies... called the police immediately which never came....told the guy to pay me back the repairs or i would report him...he paid me as he admitted it was him. Never saw him again on the car park....

... i've driven around for half an hour looking for a space and had no joy.

10n7vp0.jpg
zvoaaf.jpg

this is quite interesting

so you're basically parking in a sandpit and paying protection money to some chancers who you can't be sure won't break into it anyway?

:lol:

We always use that one behind if you turn left behind Burger King.... VERY dark tho. Not great walking back at silly o clock in the morning.

Still love the free parking outside pacha, very convenient!!!

Olly, its the equivalent of paying the kids to watch your car at the match (expect you pay up front).

To be honest, after the closure of a large part of the gypsy car park, even these places ar rammed.

Yesterday i had to go to eivissa, so i tested the near pacha theory, took me 10 mins to vara de rey and didnt waste a second driving around side streets looking for a place or stuck in traffic.

Plus it's a nice walk along the marina.

Back