Free flights to Ibiza (Martin Lewis)

FunkyLady

On GMTV this morning, my new best friend Martin Lewis was talking about loopholes for Free flights if you apply for Credit cards.

Yes, in the current climate that does sound a bit silly, but as he suggested all you need do is spend like, £10... or whatever, then you qualify for free flights (or 1,500 airmiles?) As long as you pay of the full balance of your card in full, you can't really lose.

Yes, there are a few added extras. The Lloyds TSB Airmiles Duo offers totally free flights, but some of the others (easyjet, Ryanair I think) you only have to pay taxes... either way, if you are dead set on making it to the White Isle this year, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter... It thought this might help.

this is the link, and it explains it a bit better.

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=33049

xx

If you pay off your credit card in full every month, Airmiles are the best thing ever - I'm obsessed by them :oops::lol: Just thru using my credit card as I normally would I have had about 5 free return flights to Barcelona, free car hire in Ibiza 3 times, plus free 5* hotels in Bangkok, Barcelona and London - I love Airmiles :lol:

On GMTV this morning, my new best friend Martin Lewis was talking about loopholes for Free flights if you apply for Credit cards.

Yes, in the current climate that does sound a bit silly, but as he suggested all you need do is spend like, £10... or whatever, then you qualify for free flights (or 1,500 airmiles?) As long as you pay of the full balance of your card in full, you can't really lose.

Yes, there are a few added extras. The Lloyds TSB Airmiles Duo offers totally free flights, but some of the others (easyjet, Ryanair I think) you only have to pay taxes... either way, if you are dead set on making it to the White Isle this year, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter... It thought this might help.

this is the link, and it explains it a bit better.

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=33049

xx

These cards which do offer something in return are great IF you have the discipline to pay em off every month.

Ive got another 4 months or so left before im down to zero and can start to take advantage of these things.

Signed up with the Virgin atlantic Amex. £1 spent = 1 flying club mile.
plus if you spend over £7.5k annually on it you get a free economy companion flight
(which taking into account usual weekly spends on travel/food is easlily done).

then use the miles youve accumulated, call em up and see if u can upgrade!

After having a taste of travelling outside of Economy, id rather get a stash of miles saved up to make the journey a lot more comfortable.

8)

Airmiles look great, I have a few credit cards - some which I pay off every month and others which I don't :confused: but I think it would be worth me starting to collect these, especially as I go on lots of holidays. The only down sides to the Lloyds TSB offer is that in the T's and C's it says if you've not collected airmiles before there is a £30 "admin fee" for making your first purchase wth the miles and you also need to book into one of their specified hotels for one night, persumably you could use an airport one for the night before you fly. Still a good offer though if the flights free.

If you pay off your credit card in full every month, Airmiles are the best thing ever - I'm obsessed by them :oops::lol: Just thru using my credit card as I normally would I have had about 5 free return flights to Barcelona, free car hire in Ibiza 3 times, plus free 5* hotels in Bangkok, Barcelona and London - I love Airmiles :lol:

Good to know Barbie, my OH has just recently signed up to Lloyds TSB Duo Airmiles... so we are hoping we can take advantage of the free flights offer at the moment.

Until recently we have totally wiped credit cards off our radar, but thankfully my OH is obsessed with NOT being in debt, he's 41 and never had a card until now.. so I can rely on him to pay it off regularly.
x

Airmiles look great, I have a few credit cards - some which I pay off every month and others which I don't :confused: but I think it would be worth me starting to collect these, especially as I go on lots of holidays. The only down sides to the Lloyds TSB offer is that in the T's and C's it says if you've not collected airmiles before there is a £30 "admin fee" for making your first purchase wth the miles and you also need to book into one of their specified hotels for one night, persumably you could use an airport one for the night before you fly. Still a good offer though if the flights free.

small print :spank:

nearly all airlines have a limited number of seats for "offers"

we had a nightmare booking flights to NY... was supposed to be 2 x FREE Upper Class fares, but you had to tell them when you want to fly instead of them telling you when theres some freebies.

all sorted in the end tho. paid up equiv of 2 x econ fares, but are in the posh bit up front + benefits. :lol:

Back