formentera

C

cheryl pearson

are there plenty of ferries from all parts of ibiza that take you to formentera for the day, how far are the beaches once you are dropped at formentera are they all in short walking distance which are the best beaches to go to

Ferries only from the port of Ibiza Town (opposite Burger King), at least 2 per hour. Best thing to do when you arrive in Formentera (1 hour on the slow boat, 20 mins on the fast one) is to rent a bike and then explore the mini-island. My favourite beach is Ses Illetes in the North, turn left when you leave the port of La Savina, pass by the Formentera Salinas and you're almost there (maybe 15 to 20 mins). Gorgeous beach.

There are aslo boats from Figueretas to Formentera at 10 or 10.30am...

Very nice and funny... better than the ferry for me!

Ferries from San Antonio harbour as well. Usually about 10am every day, returning about 5/6pm. Trip takes about 2 hours - quite long when you consider u can go from Ibiza Town in a much shorter time. The benefit of going from San An is that you get to sail past Es Vedra and Es Vedranell and you might find out a few secrets as well :lol:

the thing is i will not be able to hire bikes because i will have kids with me i wanted to know if you have beaches in walking distance after the ferry drop's you off or do you actually need some form of transport to get to any of the beache's

well that's odd, because when i got off the ferry last year i walked straight to the beach - it was about 2 minutes away.

When you arrive at Formentera, there are coaches waiting. Thoses coaches take you to the different beaches, it cost 1€.

Cheers

misterc said:
well that's odd, because when i got off the ferry last year i walked straight to the beach - it was about 2 minutes away.
What was that beach like, and you say it was about 2min walking distance that would be an ideal first stop with the kids after the boat ride. can you remember what time the last ferry was back

Iva said:
When you arrive at Formentera, there are coaches waiting. Thoses coaches take you to the different beaches, it cost 1€.

Cheers
Thanks Iva for the advice

[What was that beach like, and you say it was about 2min walking distance that would be an ideal first stop with the kids after the boat ride. can you remember what time the last ferry was back[/quote]

This was a trip from San An that left about 10am and returned 5pm. You can find these boats/ferries easily enough on the harbour in San An. The beach was a thin, long strip with LOTS of sunbeds (already taken by the time we got there), but with enough open spaces further on to lay a towel down. I'd say if you were going to try and go from Ibiza town EARLIER in the morning, as the San An trip takes too long!!

We just headed for the long beach which you can see opposite the port.

If this beach is anything to go by, the others must be amazing.

Note: Take plenty of water with you when you head to the beach. Formentera is a major sun trap and its easy to become dehydrated on the boat journey with the salty air. :p

Aren't the beaches as you get off the ferry really busy though? Is it worth travelling to any of the others and is there a coach waiting for every ferry that arrives there??

andivokes said:
Aren't the beaches as you get off the ferry really busy though? Is it worth travelling to any of the others and is there a coach waiting for every ferry that arrives there??

I think there were 2 buses an hour, that was a couple of years ago tho, they drop off at various stops, one of which is a lovely beach we ended up on. There was no probs with coach been busy and likewise coming back to port. My only advice would be to get up early the day you plan on going but it was well worth it :D

Back