Hazy were the visions overplayed
Sunshine in her eyes
But moonshine made her blind every time

Green is the colour of her kind
Quickness of the eye deceives the mind
Envy is the bond between the hopeful
And the damned

Pink-Floyd.jpg

Noticed that all the ferries that weren't Balearia/Trasmapi are Formentera Lines, whereas they used to be Pitiusa (??). Also, like last year, Trasmapi and (now) Lines are "code-sharing" in that for the same price, go out with one and back with the other.

So why the change, and to an outsider I wonder why Trasmapi/Lines don't simply merge as they charge the same (I think) yet there's still competition from Balearia and, I suppose, Aquabus?

Hi All!

Finally going back to the Island and doing it with my girlfriend this time. We plan to take a day trip to Formentera and was wondering what would be the best way to explore it. I read scooters can be quite dangerous (specially if you never drove one before), and renting a car for less than a day doesn't seem to be an option either. Any tips and recommendations would be appreciated!

Also a free bus service this season i believe. I arrive Monday for 10 days so i will be making the most of that. Traditionally hired a car but kinda goes against Formentera and its unspoilt beauty.

Cycle to Es Pujols anticlockwise round the water. Such a great route last year 🙂
Sure? From La Savina clockwise is the main road, anti-clockwise is via a path (joined just after the little park) to keep close to the water. Suitable for pedal bikes and prob e-bikes of course, and yes, a great way to see the lake but a longer way round!

Sure? From La Savina clockwise is the main road, anti-clockwise is via a path (joined just after the little park) to keep close to the water. Suitable for pedal bikes and prob e-bikes of course, and yes, a great way to see the lake but a longer way round!

Who's in a hurry? 🙂

Who's in a hurry? 🙂
If you're quick you can do it twice!!

To be honest the problem with the walk going round anti-clockwise is there are no cafe stops en route - from the road clockwise you can detour to one of the beach bars and there's the shop/bar at Sa Roqueta outside seista hours.

Think the locals are missing a trick there, although in my experience not many do the walk either way from La Sabina > Es Pujols, not seen many on my strolls, so there wouldn't be much custom.

Pity, because at the southern end of the walk there are gorgeous views across the water with Es Vedra in view and the sun setting. A bench and a beer = one happy walker!!

Yes, it is pretty wild but I liked that! I have a friend who lives and works in Es Pujols so I kind of structure my visits around that as a pitstop. The sea there was amazing and there was hardly anyone. The cycling was a bit knackering in the unexpectedly fierce October heat but well worth it, especially as I'm not the most *ahem* athletic... 👀 I just filled my backpack with drinks at the port and it worked out fine. Sadly I don't think I'll have time though this next trip.

I met a Dutch guy, who live in Formentera(since the 60's). He said that he went with Bob to the agent to rent a place. Don't know if it true, he also said that it was so cheap, and Bob didn't rented it but bought it without knowing.
Got this t-shirtrsz_20240316_142558.jpgBob Dilan? Not Dylan? And where is King Crimson?rsz_120240316_142616.jpg

Last edited:
Back