For attention of Philly Cent

Olly

No longer active
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/clubb...+dead+says+Ministry+of+Sound+chief/article.do

for those who can't be bothered to read the feature, it says dance isn't dead and the Ministry coffers are flowing.

and....

'What has sustained the Ministry, he maintains, is the "attention to detail. We've got the best DJs in the world, the best sound system in the world. We want people to come here and feel 'wow'! We haven't seen the other clubs off, they've seen themselves off". '

Wow, indeed...

If you aint bothered why make a thread about it:rolleyes:

easy fella

don't shoot the postman

I just thought it might be of interest to philly cent

**On serious note, I read that Southwark Council have introduced mandatory fingerprinting & ID Scanning at all clubs in the borough - that includes Ministry and Cable

Following an incident at nightclub SEOne, police requested a licensing condition be set for all future events that "all persons entering the premises must supply verifiable identification details that are passed through a digital scanning and recording system".

dunno bout everyone else, but I find this trend deeply disturbing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my passport scanned on entry to SEOne a couple of weeks ago.

For the first time in recent history, the Torture Garden birthday party didn't sell out because a lot of the loyal followers didn't want to have their details kept on file. A lot of these people are lawyers, barristers, MPs etc etc so it's important for them to remain anonymous. They aren't a threat to society by any means yet they're a security target because they want to dance in the same space where someone got shot at a night they probably wouldn't be seen dead in (scuse the pun).

What next? Let's scan people's ID on entering public parks because people get mugged in them. It's important to track where people are at ALL times otherwise we won't be able to fight crime effectively. Grrr.

Thankfully they're not using it at cable (yet)

I had my passport scanned on entry to SEOne a couple of weeks ago.

For the first time in recent history, the Torture Garden birthday party didn't sell out because a lot of the loyal followers didn't want to have their details kept on file. A lot of these people are lawyers, barristers, MPs etc etc so it's important for them to remain anonymous. They aren't a threat to society by any means yet they're a security target because they want to dance in the same space where someone got shot at a night they probably wouldn't be seen dead in (scuse the pun).

What next? Let's scan people's ID on entering public parks because people get mugged in them. It's important to track where people are at ALL times otherwise we won't be able to fight crime effectively. Grrr.

Thankfully they're not using it at cable (yet)

Wow - this is all very 1984... Not cool :eek:

Isn't this what they are freeing up the UHF band for anyway?. Companies are already bidding for or some have won the rights to produce RFID for everyone and this is just the usual feeding in of a larger plan.

I moved recently and got a letter within a week from a quango unit. On questioning them how they knew about my change of addy they told me they downloaded it from a database.

Back