For a new regulation of day and night time leisure [by Pepe Rosello]

Daytime clubbing is the reason why there's so much division in recent years, he says...

Daytime clubbing is the reason why there's so much division in recent years, he says...

He’s really starting to sound like a broken record now.

Retirement sucks, you know. He's been like this for a year and a half. The links I posted in the forum are like two thirds of the total he sent to the press (the rest were less interesting, that's why I didn't post them). As I mentioned before, I actually agree with some of the stuff he writes. I can understand both sides and the solution won't be easy...

By the way, I moved to this thread a couple of related posts that were "lost" in the Ibiza Gossip 2020 thread, just in case someone missed them: posts #13 and #14.

Retirement sucks, you know. He's been like this for a year and a half. The links I posted in the forum are like two thirds of the total he sent to the press (the rest were less interesting, that's why I didn't post them). As I mentioned before, I actually agree with some of the stuff he writes. I can understand both sides and the solution won't be easy...

By the way, I moved to this thread a couple of related posts that were "lost" in the Ibiza Gossip 2020 thread, just in case someone missed them: posts #13 and #14.
I understand why this bitterness, obviously and rightly if you see it from his position, the man he’s still sour about losing Space but this infighting it’s not going to help the recovery of the scene and gives more ammunitions to the anti clubbing brigade ever so vocal en el Periódico.

I understand why this bitterness, obviously and rightly if you see it from his position, the man he’s still sour about losing Space but this infighting it’s not going to help the recovery of the scene and gives more ammunitions to the anti clubbing brigade ever so vocal en el Periódico.

this

It was only a matter of time. He should’ve stopped this crusade ages ago and just enjoy his retirement.

It was only a matter of time. He should’ve stopped this crusade ages ago and just enjoy his retirement.

He sort of mismanaged the entire situation. He had years to figure out the long term plan for Space, did nothing, now is on a crusade that really does nothing except hurt nightlife. Don’t get it.

He sort of mismanaged the entire situation. He had years to figure out the long term plan for Space, did nothing, now is on a crusade that really does nothing except hurt nightlife. Don’t get it.
This. There was no sort of about it. It’s not a popular view of Pepe, but it is the reality.

I just find that Pepe is a hypocrite. For the best part of two years he’s moaned about day time clubbing despite that being what made space famous. Ive lost count the number of times I found myself at Space at breakfast, lunch and dinner time (not usually on the same day or in that order)! I also remember it was Cox that told Pepe he wouldn’t play there if he didn’t spend some money on sorting out the place out - it was a legendary venue but frankly a dump beyond the dance floor in the early days. Meanwhile, Pepe led the way with exorbitant bar and water charges.

Pepe presided over a brilliant club. Space was one of the top clubs I’ve been to and I a very fortunate to have been many times. But he didn’t like spending money and he enjoyed taking it. This contributed to his lack of forward planning and it was that that killed it all for him, not the Matutes or authorities.

Last edited:
Álvaro from Ibiza Rocks is the new president of the Asociación Ocio de Ibiza
First interview:

DDI also includes one but since this week you have to pay to read their most interesting articles online!

IMG-20210209-104734.jpg

Not as interesting as the interview with Álvaro but another week, another Pepe rant...

Not as interesting as the interview with Álvaro but another week, another Pepe rant...

even if he is right with some of the stuff he says, it's getting boring now and i think he doesn't do himself a favour nor the island scene as a whole

Pepe is involved in a new disco association called Ibiza de Noche. It includes the four San Antonio clubs (Amnesia, Privilege, Es Paradis and Eden) plus other venues to be revealed in january, when it will be officially presented.
Late april and we still don't know officially who's in Pepe's new association. What we know is that finally Amnesia (along with Concept Hotel Group and Circoloco) have joined the other clubs association, Ocio de Ibiza. I bet he's not a happy chappy at the moment...

The article also talks about Mar-T taking over the direction of Amnesia.

Back