For a new regulation of day and night time leisure [by Pepe Rosello]

Pepe's latest writting...

... and the reply of J.L. Ferrer:

Although I tend to agree with some of the things he says, he really needs to chill...

Is this the beginning of the end for Ushuaia and the likes?
PS: Perdón Stivi, I’ve seen you posted this already on another thread.

Pepe is involved in a new disco association called Ibiza de Noche. It includes the four San Antonio clubs (Amnesia, Privilege, Es Paradis and Eden) plus other venues to be revealed in january, when it will be officially presented. Don't expect any beach club to be part of it though as they broke the economy of Ibiza, they say...

Instead of all of them joining forces in only one association, the "disco wars" continue... Ocio de Ibiza vs Ibiza de Noche!

* as you might remember, Privilege and Es Paradis' aversion towards daytime venues is nothing new.

The long reply of Andy McKay (Ibiza Rocks) to Pepe's attacks...

Can someone summarise the issue? I can't read Spanish

presumably the clubs get annoyed when the day parties host big events and people are too wrecked to go onto nighttime events?

@Ibizastu Andy is saying that Pepe's crusade against daytime parties is both hypocritical and baseless and is motivated purely by his dislike of Matutes. He also says that he has been screwed over by Matutes in business with Mallorca Rocks. He goes on to say he respects both men, but Pepe is in danger of sabotaging Ibiza's recovery from Covid by pursuing his vendetta against Matutes

@Ibizastu Andy is saying that Pepe's crusade against daytime parties is both hypocritical and baseless and is motivated purely by his dislike of Matutes. He also says that he has been screwed over by Matutes in business with Mallorca Rocks. He goes on to say he respects both men, but Pepe is in danger of sabotaging Ibiza's recovery from Covid by pursuing his vendetta against Matutes
Think there will be enough punters to go round when things open up again!

Will they take the chance.. the big clubs need to be full to have any kind of atmosphere.. they can be like shopping centers on a bad night..
Probably not from day 1, would’ve thought it would be sensible to open up with a room or two closed depending on the venue/lineup

Will they take the chance.. the big clubs need to be full to have any kind of atmosphere.. they can be like shopping centers on a bad night..

this is more one for the 2021 gossip thread, but yes, as far as I know, after a non-season, all the clubs wanna open next summer - pretty much no matter what restrictions there might be

Have to jump in here. Why would you respect someone who as screwed you over in business. Don’t make sense other than he has no choice to say he does otherwise matutes will make life difficult for him.

I read it as he respects that M made the business decision that was right for him, although he was ultimately on the receiving end in that instance

I think he was making the point that he also has reason to hold a grudge, but it wouldn't make sense for him to use that as an excuse to go after Matutes' business seeing as they operate in the same ecosystem

If someone screwed me over in business you would get zero respect.
In a nutshell then matutes is far more powerful so best not upset him .

UPDATE:

Es Paradis, not Privilege. The Privilege one is still on!

Back