football

Scoobie

I'm just pondering my dates for next season and I'm wondering - will the european championship have any effect? ie - do you think numbers will be down whilst its on, or do you think the island will be full of scary beer boys wrapped in england flags?

Scoobie said:
I'm just pondering my dates for next season and I'm wondering - will the european championship have any effect? ie - do you think numbers will be down whilst its on, or do you think the island will be full of scary beer boys wrapped in england flags?

We were there last year for the World Cup. That was good in the sense that cos the games were on at silly times if we'd been at home we'd have been at work so it was good to come in from a club and watch them :p

Cos Euro 2004 is in Portugal the time difference isn't going to matter so much but you'll be able to watch the games in every bar if you want.

There will be scary beer boys wrapped in England flags in San Antonio but then there always is isn't there :rolleyes: :eek: The real hardcore beerboys/footy fans will probably want to stay at home to watch it but I've always found it a good atmosphere watching football on island as long as you find a nice bar.

i reckon the place would be superb watching it out there,it would defintley be 1 to remember just imagine what it would be like if england win :p :p :p

:eek: --->
animated_soccer_haircut.gif

I think last year we watched the England v Denmark game :D and then the England v Brazil game :( over there plus a couple of ROI games and a couple of Spanish games and it was a really good atmosphere.........and you can't beat watching the game having a few vinos when you know everyone back home is at work :lol: ;)

im not sure what to do,go out to beefa after the tournament is finished or go out before it starts,id love to watch the games in the pub with mates but i reckon it would be mentle out in ibiza,mmmm.

Been over there before on a night when England lost a friendly...

...San An was not a happy place to be that night....lots of aggresive people about

Best advice - avoid San An on those nights!

i was in San An when England were put out of Euro '98 - was nasty and never had so much abuse for being Scottish......we had been knocked out way before that ;)

People like that should be banned from leaving the house when footy's on.....never mind taking that ridiculous nonsense somewhere else to embaress the good people of the country :evil:

o.k..rant over :D

I went out to Ibiza for the end of the World Cup last year and the island overall was definitely quieter than in previous years. You will obviously be able to watch the games over there and will always be a good atmosphere for the games as you will have so many nationalities and people are on holiday so up for a good time.
My plan for next summer was to go to Portugal to watch Ireland play in the finals but unfortunately we didnt qualify so I will be going to Ibiza instead and Im really looking forward to it as the clubs etc will not be too packed.

Back