Food

Moustik

hi all !

i'll be in Ibiza beg of september and i wanted to know if there are good groceries where u find quality and diversity ? i'll be in a house and i love cooking so if anyone can help... !

The shops in the resorts sell basics for self catering tourists, but for better variety and price I think you'd be better of in the "local" shops. There was a post on here yesterday saying that there's a lidl near figueretas (sp) and ther'e also a big supermarket on the san an - ibiza town road if you'l have use of a car :?:

try the local markets.

there are indoor markets in ibiza, san antonio, and santa eulalia which sell fresh fish meat and vegetables and then there are the little 'farmers' markets dotted about which sell locally produced vegeatbles and flowers.

for diversity and more 'exotic' foodstuffs try the syp supermarkets in every town or the hipercentro on the road to san antonio. there are also quite a few small delis which have good cheeses and food from all over the world - quefa in ibiza and casa alfonso in san antonio spring to mind. good wines can be bought at the supermarkets but they will all be spanish wines. try enotecum in ibiza or san jose for a wider selection of wines
and my tip of the day - buy a bottle of can rich reserva - a deliciously fruity red wine, organically produced right here in ibiza ( you can even visit the vinyard!)

there is a good english butchers [PETE THE BUTCHER] towards cala tarrida if you are wanting meat! :D

stephen said:
for diversity and more 'exotic' foodstuffs try the syp supermarkets in every town or the hipercentro on the road to san antonio

SPY-HyperCentro_map.gif

bigbearblue said:
there is a good english butchers [PETE THE BUTCHER] towards cala tarrida if you are wanting meat!

yeah - near to the old cock!! :eek:

(if you want meat ask for the old cock and then you will find the butcher :lol: )

Back