Flying my drone out here

Dan Gruner

Wanting to fly my newly-aquired drone in San An. Will be sensible and stick to over the sea I think.

What are the laws regarding these over here? Is it not a good idea to fly them? Can the police shoot them down?

Thanks!

Dan x

Wanting to fly my newly-aquired drone in San An. Will be sensible and stick to over the sea I think.

What are the laws regarding these over here? Is it not a good idea to fly them? Can the police shoot them down?

Thanks!

Dan x

Ive flown mine in San An plenty of times. I literally took off from infront of Ibiza Rocks Bar and then up near Cala Gracio as well. I basically go by the rule 'dont be a dick' and dont fly over peoples villas etc. And obviously no where near the airport.

I think it is like this:
Drone use is allowed in Spain, but there are several drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Operators must ensure that they follow the following drone laws when flying in Spain,

• Do not fly your drone over people or large crowds
  • Do not fly your drone higher than 120 meters (400 feet)
  • Do not fly your drone within 50 meters of buildings, people, or vehicles not associated with the operation of the drone
  • You must fly your drone within visual line of sight at all times
  • Respect others privacy when flying your drone
  • Do not fly your drone within 8km (5 miles) of airports or in areas where aircraft are operating. For flights that are approved to be operated beyond visual line of sight you must stay 15km (9.4 miles) away from airports
  • You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
  • Do not fly your drone in sensitive areas including government or military facilities. Use of drones or camera drones in these areas are prohibited
  • Do not fly your drone over national parks without a permit allowing you to do so
  • You must be at least 18 years old to fly a drone in Spain
  • The new law requires, both professional pilots and amateurs who use their drone as a hobby, that the aircraft and the remote control be clearly identified By a fireproof identification plate with the name of the owner and the necessary data to be able to contact it

I was at Mambos the other week and someone was flying their drone quite high up above the beach, not Mambos, and a security guard came over and told them that Mambos owns the airspace above the beach and the building and he needed to leave!! WTF, As if ?!?!? He took no notice and carried on telling the fella to call the police!

Behind a guy tonight who was flying a drone on top of the steps to the right of the drummers at Benirrás. Was really intrigued watching him fly that thing, it really got some height and went some distance and was well controlled, All with the view of the screen. I must say I was impressed.

Thanks!

Dan x

I got my snaptain drone recently and can't wait to explore its features and options. coming to the topic flying a drone in San Antonio whether you are flying operating recreationally or commercially is legal. it's best for you to avoid areas near airports, helicopter landing pads, highly crowded places. Be aware of all FAA Airspace restrictions otherwise, your drone will get shot down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my snaptain drone recently and can't wait to explore its features and options. coming to the topic flying a drone in San Antonio whether you are flying operating recreationally or commercially is legal. it's best for you to avoid areas near airports, helicopter landing pads, highly crowded places. Be aware of all FAA Airspace restrictions otherwise, your drone will get shot down.

Shot down ?

Sidewinder missile ?

lol the FAA only has jurisdiction in the US and no one is going to shoot down anything in spain.

Actual spanish rules for drone can be found here: https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-spain/ or https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-spain/

The rules have changed:

Funny how changes to rules always seem to go in one direction...

Article does not specify requirement by weight. Will a small toy/supermarket drone bought for $50 need to be registered? In the US, there is a distinction for classes of recreational drones by weight.

Funny how changes to rules always seem to go in one direction...

Article does not specify requirement by weight. Will a small toy/supermarket drone bought for $50 need to be registered? In the US, there is a distinction for classes of recreational drones by weight.
it says no matter what weight. bit tight like

UK its under 250g

im about to purchase the DJI Mavic mini 2 ..looks a great bit of kit a was looking forward to taking it over the white isle aswell

im about to purchase the DJI Mavic mini 2
Yeah, I think it was engineered to come in just under the weight limit in many places. I considered buying it, but couldn't justify the use. Probably something I would used 4-5 time a year (if that). I got the smaller Ryze Tello on the cheap, and pretty much proved myself right!!! :lol:

Back