Flights from UK - Or things to do with luggage at 2AM

B

Boothy

Anyone got suggestions for a good airline for direct flights to the Island?

Found bmibaby who go direct from East Midland to Ibiza, but the flight lands at 01:40 and I can't check in at my digs until 09:00.

Had a search for other airlines, but so far I've not really found anything suitable.

So the question is, anyone know of any direct flights from UK to Ibiza that are later in the day? i.e. lunch time.

Or, if I go for the above flight, what do I do from 02:00 till 09:00, bearing in mind I'll have luggage with me! (probably just one big sports bag).

Boothy said:
Anyone got suggestions for a good airline for direct flights to the Island?

Found bmibaby who go direct from East Midland to Ibiza, but the flight lands at 01:40 and I can't check in at my digs until 09:00.

Had a search for other airlines, but so far I've not really found anything suitable.

So the question is, anyone know of any direct flights from UK to Ibiza that are later in the day? i.e. lunch time.

Or, if I go for the above flight, what do I do from 02:00 till 09:00, bearing in mind I'll have luggage with me! (probably just one big sports bag).

I had this prob one year... just leave your bags in the hotel storage room and go and get wrecked... Theres usually a shower they'll let you have... Its Ibiza man... nothing matters.. should sleep on the beach if it means going.... RAR!

jigsaw said:
I had this prob one year... just leave your bags in the hotel storage room and go and get wrecked... Theres usually a shower they'll let you have... Its Ibiza man... nothing matters.. should sleep on the beach if it means going.... RAR!

That's the problem, It's not a hotel so no staff on site till 09:00. Hence the luggage problem.

I don't think I'll have any problems finding something to do ;), just as long as I don't have to cart my bag/bags around with me.

You can get charter flights to Ibiza for bout £170 no problem. When did you check the flight times? I'm going with BMI and got a call from them saying the flight schedule has changed and my shitty flight is now a day flight getting to Ibiza at about 19:00. No probs re my accom cos I'd booked it for the previous day anyway cos of the crap flight times.

JamieUK said:
You can get charter flights to Ibiza for bout £170 no problem. When did you check the flight times? I'm going with BMI and got a call from them saying the flight schedule has changed and my *beep* flight is now a day flight getting to Ibiza at about 19:00. No probs re my accom cos I'd booked it for the previous day anyway cos of the crap flight times.

I've tried BMI, which always redirect to (bmibaby for Ibiza), and the only flight they have arrives at 01:40, return flight leaves at 02:15 (about £80 return) from East Midlands. (Checked on both www.flybmi.com and www.bookbmibaby.co.uk about 5 mins ago).

I've also tried easyjet, which leaves at 06:00, which is fine, but means trailing down to London Stansted for 04:00. (I'm in Huddersfield atm but will probably be in Chesterfield by July when I fly). It's a nightmare by train, I could drive but that's an extra £70 for parking (plus having to drive home at the end of the hol :confused: ).

I used easyjet last week - the 6.00am flight - which was great, got in at about 9.30am local

Im certain there are nodirect flights from Uk other than BMI and Easyjet. You could try and get a seat on a package flight but these are usually at ridiculous times as well. All other flights involve changing planes at either Barcelona or Madrid and take over six hours.

Not much help but there you go :)

Try Lunn Poly / Britannia charters - they often have spare seats at reasonable prices but it is down to luck and timing.

Barbie: Thanks for the Britannia idea, just had a look and no luck for the dates I need.

Looks like it's going to be bmi or easyjet then.

Tony: Oops, thanks to you too, just noticed your reply as well ;)

Have you tried ringing up main UK tour operators like Lunn Poly or Thomas Direct and saying that you want flight that leaves at certain time, that's what I always do cos they have got access to all the charter airlines and might come up with an option for you, that's what I always do.

Barbie said:
Have you tried ringing up main UK tour operators like Lunn Poly or Thomas Direct and saying that you want flight that leaves at certain time, that's what I always do cos they have got access to all the charter airlines and might come up with an option for you, that's what I always do.

Too late, I've booked with bmibaby, airports closer and a mate of mine has offered to drive me there and pick me up on my return (or pick up what's left of me anyway :rolleyes: ).

Hmm, it now sinks in, I've got my flight and digs booked now. The next two months are going to be a nightmare waiting for the 15th of July to come around..... I can't wait :D :D :D

Boothy said:
Too late, I've booked with bmibaby, airports closer and a mate of mine has offered to drive me there and pick me up on my return (or pick up what's left of me anyway :rolleyes: ).

Hmm, it now sinks in, I've got my flight and digs booked now. The next two months are going to be a nightmare waiting for the 15th of July to come around..... I can't wait :D :D :D

Nice one matey :D

Back