Fitness help

The rush I got over the last 100m was amazing, it still makes me smile now just thinking about it :D

Good luck, which marathon is this?

You should try longer distances now, train more then aim for say a half marathon. The great northern is meant to be amazing to participate in. You'll get even more of a buzz.

I'm doin London on april 26th. If you havent been to one, you should go down and watch, its very inspiring, it might even make you decide to do it ;) I think James (cookie) is coming to support, if he gets up that is :lol:

I'm doin London on april 26th. If you havent been to one, you should go down and watch, its very inspiring, it might even make you decide to do it ;) I think James (cookie) is coming to support, if he gets up that is :lol:

Good luck with It mate. My Brother is in Training for the London Marathon too mate so if I see you ill cheer you on :D

whats yr expected time to be in and around the Canary Wharf loop?

ill hang about and shoot ya, after ive shot Paula and her mob.

Good luck with It mate. My Brother is in Training for the London Marathon too mate so if I see you ill cheer you on :D

I'll be wearing a bright pink Clic Sargent vest !! Any support is hugely welcomed, we can grab a pint after if you like near the finish ??!!

whats yr expected time to be in and around the Canary Wharf loop?

ill hang about and shoot ya, after ive shot Paula and her mob.

Ala JFK from the library roof :lol:

I think that's around mile 14 - 16 no :confused: ?? I'm hoping to do it in 3.30 mins, so that's 8 minute miles, so it should be around 2hours in, I think :confused:

Ala JFK from the library roof :lol:

I think that's around mile 14 - 16 no :confused: ?? I'm hoping to do it in 3.30 mins, so that's 8 minute miles, so it should be around 2hours in, I think :confused:

blimey, in a hurry are we? :lol:

I think thats the canada sq loop, with a feeding station, before you head back out to the A13.

Or doesnt go to bed.. ;)

Might well support you guys too 8)

I can confirm Beckie is saying the truth, she didnt even seem that tired at the end!

Yeah pop down, if you're conscious :lol: If you havent been its great as a supporter also, the atmosphere is amazing, and theres loads of pubs enroute, most with entertainment, its a good morning out.

Louisa is still oncourse aswel i think, so there'll be a few of us to cheer on. Then we can grab a pint or two ;)

Ok mate well I shall keep my eyes open for you mate, Im sure My brother will be in need of a beer after ;)

Theres nothing better than a decent beer after 26 miles, though i'm a lightweight now, so just the 2 or 3 will do. We'll touch base before.

I'm telling you, it's my new high! Beats clubbing any day :lol:

Its a great feeling crossing that line. And i love being fit. 8)

I've just signed up for my next race.... the Robin Hood half marathon in September. 13 miles... EEEK!

so do you get a medal or something?

which muscles hurt most?

Got a medal. It's terribly small for all that pain i endured! :)

My muscles have recovered, but the memory of the savageness of it all is still fresh and clear. Aren't you meant to forget about the pain straight afterwards? ;)

@ Becki... excellent. I wish you luck with training. I might try something new now like darts. Or something. :D

Thanks! Back safe and sound and recovered after a mammoth 26 hour race. I might not do it again. Hmm... ;)

Nice one, more or less the time you hoped to get 8)

I've just signed up for my next race.... the Robin Hood half marathon in September. 13 miles... EEEK!

Cool :lol: Are you stil running now Becks ? try and do a couple more 10 km's in between, it'll help loads. Then Gradually build up the mileage each week, taking a step back every couple of weeks. Have you thought of joining a running club, they help loads, and you only have to go with them when you feel like it, plus youll get loads of free tips !!

I did my longest pre-marathon run last saturday. 20 miles in 2 hours 45 mins, which i was dead chuffed with as i wasnt best prepared, and we werent going mad. Then i went clubbing until 6 the next morning, dont know how my legs managed it :confused:

I've started running and am currently managing 2 miles in 15 minutes :lol::oops: before i go to work. I'm like a really slow streak of lightning.

But I'm getting faster, today I overtook the postman, last week he left me for dust.

I'm planning to run my first marathon in 2020.

Nice one, more or less the time you hoped to get 8)

Cool :lol: Are you stil running now Becks ? try and do a couple more 10 km's in between, it'll help loads. Then Gradually build up the mileage each week, taking a step back every couple of weeks. Have you thought of joining a running club, they help loads, and you only have to go with them when you feel like it, plus youll get loads of free tips !!

I did my longest pre-marathon run last saturday. 20 miles in 2 hours 45 mins, which i was dead chuffed with as i wasnt best prepared, and we werent going mad. Then i went clubbing until 6 the next morning, dont know how my legs managed it :confused:

I'm still running about 6-7k once or twice a week, just keeping up my fitness really. I know how hard it is once you have a month or so off, so I dont want to go back to square one!

Yep I think I will do another 10k in June maybe to keep my training going. It's going to be hard doing the race in September (just after summer) but hopefully it wont be too much of an ordeal! :eek:

I've started running and am currently managing 2 miles in 15 minutes :lol::oops: before i go to work. I'm like a really slow streak of lightning.

But I'm getting faster, today I overtook the postman, last week he left me for dust.

I'm planning to run my first marathon in 2020.

That's about 3.2k, hardly slow! :confused:

I run 5k in about 30mins

Back