First time in Ibiza..

Blake C

Hey everybody, I'm traveling around Spain with a couple of friends and we plan to stop in Ibiza near the end of May. This would be all of our first times going. We haven't booked a place to stay yet but, I was wondering which location would be best recommended; San Antonio or Playa d'en Bossa? Any recommendations on places/hostels to stay in?

Also is there anything that we MUST experience as far as events/things to do? So far, we plan on going to DC10's Circoloco opening party and the beautiful people boat party.

Thanks!!

Hey everybody, I'm traveling around Spain with a couple of friends and we plan to stop in Ibiza near the end of May. This would be all of our first times going. We haven't booked a place to stay yet but, I was wondering which location would be best recommended; San Antonio or Playa d'en Bossa? Any recommendations on places/hostels to stay in?

Also is there anything that we MUST experience as far as events/things to do? So far, we plan on going to DC10's Circoloco opening party and the beautiful people boat party.

Thanks!!

I you're into an aggressive and ugly VIP culture then Playa Den Bossa.

There's a rather persuasive argument that Ibiza itself is losing what made it great and nowhere is this more evident than PDB.

In terms of events I'm past must dos personally but Cream at Amnesia at a push given the absence of daytime.

My tipp: go to Figueretas. Short way to Playa den Bossa, short way to Eivissa - and good bus connections ;-)

Moreover I would recommend to drift yourself. Just the forum, probably there are some cool pre parties or beach parties... sometimes they are better than the club nights :) nevertheless I would recommend to have a night at space... it will be you last one.

I've only been once to Ibiza, and we stayed in PDB for a week. This year for my second trip I think I may go with Playa again. While there certainly are some nice and expensive hotels and such (Hard Rock, Ushuaia, etc) there are plenty of cheap places to stay at within blocks. Along with cheap places to go eat pizza or paella. Plus DC10 is down the road, a lot of the boat parties take off from Figueretas which is walking distance. Space is right there and the disco bus can take you to Amnesia and Privilege in a short ride. Pacha is only a few mins by taxi too.

So while my experience is limited, I would say don't be intimated by the Playa D'en Bossa not being old school Ibiza and such. Theres some for every taste. I'm going back June 9-16.

The english guys doesent like PdB and the Germans don´t like San An. Compare the beaches - PdB its better with the longest Beach and only 8min to ses salinas. In my opinion there are good and bad people everywhere.

The english guys doesent like PdB and the Germans don´t like San An. Compare the beaches - PdB its better with the longest Beach and only 8min to ses salinas. In my opinion there are good and bad people everywhere.
Agree with this 1000% both have pros and cons. Have one day or night at each and leave a day free unplanned and just go with the flow

opposite for me, I wouldn't ever stay in San Antonio again. Pdb or as suggested Figuretas. Talamanca is nice if you like a different pace too

As for beaches.

Cala Bassa, Cala Conta, Salada, Gracio are all very close to San Antonio and far prettier beaches than Bossa. Plus less choppy waters.

San Antonio has better resturants.

I am well more happy with San Antonio than the scum that go to Bossa, that mixed with false wannabe posers.

That doesn't mean I don't go other places as staying in Ibiza, Formentera, portinax and Santa Eulalia inn the past. Again in October in formentera.

hat doesn't mean I don't go other places as staying in Ibiza, Formentera, portinax and Santa Eulalia inn the past. Again in October in formentera

Totally agree with this, it is great to get out there an experience all of other resorts which are not youth and club orientated...dont forget Es Cana too

I thinks this applies to the Sunset Strip more than anywhere surely?
Half the people that can afford to drink there are not wannabes and the vast majority of people actually sit on the rocks with a can.

My opinion is my opinion and for me San Antonio is far more relaxed than the Bossa.

I prefer to relax during the day evening so I can give more at night in the clubs.

Just saying that San Antonio is the best base resort that allows me to relax and explore as we know we can connect and go to where we want.

With Space closing after this October there will be no reason to go to Bossa at all other than maybe Ants or Children of the 80s which was sick by the way.

Back