Ferry Denia to Ibiza

lovepituisas

We regularly visit Ibiza in September coming over by ferry with our car.

My beef is the price that Balearia charge for the return journey to an island you can see from the mainland on a clear day. 514 euros, they have a monopoly virtually as the only alternative is Iscomar which is unreliable. There used to be early booking offers and deals but none last year and no sign this year yet.

It must harm tourism on Ibiza when companies are ripping off clients like this.:!:

a return journey denia ibiza in sept 2 pax + car is €379.

there are very rarely any special offers from ibiza to anywhere else, but from the mainland to ibiza there are usually lots of offers throughout the year

rip off ferries

a return journey denia ibiza in sept 2 pax + car is €379.

there are very rarely any special offers from ibiza to anywhere else, but from the mainland to ibiza there are usually lots of offers throughout the year

If you check you will find the €379 is to and from Valencia not from Denia plus it arrives at 02.15 in the morning !

I stand by what I said, Balearia charge €514 Denia to Ibiza return.

8/9 depart denia 20.30 arrive ibiza 00.45

15/9 depart ibiza 14.30 arrive denia 18.45

€379.50

Hello,i generally go to Ibiza by plane,but this year i have no body to keep my cats,and i wonder if i could take the fast ferry with two cats,and the way they are travelling,because i don't want to let them inside the boat with the noise,the heat,etc...
If some one could tell me the way they do with Balearia,thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:
How could you enjoy a holiday bringing cats..
I'd love a holiday with the care4cats charity, trying to catch them so they can have the snip! Wouldn't bring my own though!! Maybe when I retire. As for the ferry, looks like it would be cheaper to leave the car in Denia/Valencia, be a foot (or paws) passenger and hire a car on arrival??

Where is the problem?i have a nice appartment with a big terrace,with my first cat died a few years ago we came a lot of times with him,by plane.I never had a problem.But now i have a big cat(9 KILOS),a main coon,and he can't go with me in cabin.

my little lion:
DSC_0382.jpg

And i love have holidays with my cats...

How could you enjoy a holiday bringing cats..

in much the same one would when bringing children......

jimmiz, the cat can go with you into the passenger section of the boat if he's in a proper transporter carrier. ditto small dogs. my advice for passengers with big dogs is travel with trasmediterranea on their big ferries as the kennel facilities are much better than balearia, though theirs have improved in the newer boats they use

Thank you Stephen,of course they are in a transporter carrier.i think to take the fast ferry with Balearia...

Back